Am I a good candidate for tip reduction and to increase tip rotation without changing the hump? (Photo)

I have a deviated septum and (I am quite sure) inflamed turbinates. Since I am (hopefully) going to get surgery for this, I would also like to get a tip reduction. My main desire is to have a less bulbous, sagging tip. I've attached 2 photos of what I want my nose to look like.

Aims of rhinoplasty

Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose ideally via an open approach.Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement but may not be needed in your case. It would be easier  for the surgeon to raise your tip slightly and prevent it dropping if your bridge hump could be lowered slightly. Obviously it is not possible to achieve a facsimile of someone else's nose of course

Your nose looks a to like the picture currently

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tip plasty after septum surgery

Thank you for your pictures! What you are looking for is certainly achievable - slight rotation and improving tip definition.  I suggest you discuss this with your operating surgeon as this is a frequent request in males undergoing nasal surgery who want an improvement without changing their overall appearance.  Another added benefit is this can all easily be done endonasally.  Best of luck!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon