Am I a candidate for columelloplasty? (photos)

Hi, I had primary rhinoplasty which had a terrible outcome as you can see in the pics. Q1 As a plastic surgeon, would you charge the patient again to fix this ($6000 to be exact). Q2 As I have already paid $10,000, I am wondering if I would be a good candidate for columelloplasty? Am I correct in believing this is much cheaper than a full rhinoplasty? When I hide the columella with my thumb, as in the photo, I see the result I want. appreciate any replies

Am I a candidate for columelloplasty?

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for columelloplasty?

You will need to have the tip elevated to obtain that result.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

"Columellaplasty"

It will take more then a "columellaplasty" to give you the result you are looking for. Your tip needs to be rotated and supported and your columella show improved. Every surgeon has their own policy regarding charges for revision surgery. Sometimes it depends on whether or not the result is close to what was discussed beforehand and now the patient has changed their mind as opposed to just not healing as expected. You need to discuss this more with your surgeon.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon