What Would Be Best for Me? (photo)

I have what I think is an overbite, what would the process of "fixing" it be? I'm Guessing it is extreme because whenever I google overbite problems none are as intense as mine. What I am in for and how much, roughly, would I be looking at paying?

Doctor Answers 1

What is Best to Treat Severe Overjet and Lower Jaw Insufficiency?

You would best be treated by a dentist/orthodontist who will not just straighten your teeth but will consider facial aesthetics, airway health and TMJ health. To do this you would need to develop your upper dental arch and advance your lower jaw forward. Developing your upper arch will allow sufficient space for your lower jaw to be moved forward. Extracting teeth is NOT necessary and all can be accomplished with comfortable appliances without surgery of any kind.

Good luck!

Tustin Dentist
5.0 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.