What Would Be Your Advice to Get a Curvy and or Smaller Waist? Are my Expectations Realistic? (photo)

I am 35 yrs old, have 2 children, 5’5 and 145 pounds. I had never had curves and I have a big squared waist. I had 2 lipo consultations with 2 different doctors. The first Dr. recommended a tummy tuck because lipo alone would leave me with sagging, wrinkling skin. The second surgeon suggested lipo of my flanks only. She is charging 2K for lipo on my flanks under general anesthesia using the tumescent technique. A Tummy Tuck is definitely not an option for me. I don’t mind saggy and wrinkly skin.

In my opinions try aggressive abdominal exercise to tighten the lower recti muscles. If this fails you would need short scar tummy tuck incision with lower recti tightening. And at the same time have SmartLipo Triplex on hips ,flanks and upper abdomen. NOT under local anesthesia, IV sedation or light general anesthesia. Tumescent anesthesia is local solution injected for small areas of liposuction. In you 3 areas plus muscle tightening NEEDS more than a local type anesthesia and a boarded PS. 

Mommy 4D can get better results than just lipo, without the big scar.

When women have children, we as surgeons have to consider not only the fat that is hiding the waistline, but the effect of the pregnancies in the abdominal muscles. When they separate from the midline after delivery, we call it diastasis. So in your particular case, part of the visible belly and the lack of waistline is due to diastasis. If you are not willing to have the big tummy tuck scar, we can access the muscles through a small incision (no bigger than the C-section scar that most women already have) and correct them. This, adjunct with anatomical precision guided liposculpture (Mommy 4D), can get the waistline, flat tummy that you never had before. 4D means dynamic definition, that can add athletic, healthy and youthful look. 

Alfredo Hoyos, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

What Would Be Your Advice to Get a Curvy and or Smaller Waist? Are my Expectations Realistic?

I think a 5 liter liposuction of the abdomen, flanks, and back will produce the type of result you want.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Liposuctin vs Tummy tuck

There is no perfect pprocedure only positives and negatives to each and that is why you get differing answers.  Liposuction will significantly help your figure.  I would consider in office treatment but limiting areas on  different sessions.  The down time is significantly less then with a tummy tuck and the costs are typically much less also.  Tummy tucks are higher costs and more down time but with flatter results.  You are also looking at a large incision which may or may not scar well.  It sort of depends on the result that you are looking for as well.  If you want significant improvement but not a perfectly flat abdomen I would consider liposuction.  Find a surgeon that you trust.  Good luck!

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the hips(flanks) and abdomen can really make a smaller waist.

Liposuction under local tumescent anesthesia would make such big improvement in your waist and be easy to undergo. Doing your abdomen and hips would be the best option and affordable at only $5-6,000 on special. I would avoid general anesthesia and tummy tucks if possible since i think lipo alone would do well for you. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon