Would sclerotheraphy or laser treatment be the best option for my spider veins behind knee and thighs? (Photo)

Hi I'm female middle 27yo ( no kids) I'm about to have mymosquitos bite years ago ( revlite q switch ) and a spiderbehind knee ( laser) I just wanna know if it's safe? And if it would create a scar for spider veins laser treatment. Please I need your help are laser safe? Plus I'm planning to get pregnant after all theses treatment .

Sclerotherapy for veins in the popliteal space (behind the knee)

I agree with Dr Raffy, who is a certified vein specialist in Santa Monica, CA.

Sclerotherapy is the best option for the veins that you are showing on the picture. 

In addition, if you have symptoms, a venous insufficiency study should be done to determine if there is an insufficient (leaky) vein vale at the saphenopopliteal junction. If you do, this should be treated as well with endovenous laser. 

Hratch L Karamanoukian MD FACS

certified vein specialist (ABVLM)

Williamsville, NY and Santa Monica, CA

Buffalo Phlebologist

Hide sclerotherapy options in Los Angeles

Selective Hidef sclerotherapy with laser can help resolve your spider veins in the legs. Make sure to address the root cause and wear Venasmart compression stockings after treatment. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Spider veins are treatable

Yes sclerotherapy is a great option to help clear these unsightly veins. I would recommend a ultrasound venous mapping to rule out and larger vein issues before any Sclerotherapy. Sclerotherapy done on these veins before treating larger vein issues can lead to worse looking veins including "matting" over the next couple of years. I would also advise you to have this all done prior to getting pregnant. 

Ivan Brooks, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Spider and reticular treatment .

The posted pictures show spider and reticular veins.  The gold standard to treat these is sclerotherapy which is both save and works well.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Sclerotherapy for leg veins

Sclerotherapy is usually a better choice than laser for treatment of leg veins.  In skilled hands, sclerotherapy works well and has a low risk for side effects.  Laser typically is less effective and more painful.  Your doctor should review the risks and benefits of each proposed treatment.  It is important to wear compression stockings after sclerotherapy.Regards,Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Vein treatment

for these spider vein. I feel the better and more durable results would come from sclerotherapy   I think laser you be fine but these are large enough I am not convinced on the durability

Jordan Knepper, MD
Ann Arbor Vascular Surgeon

Injection Sclerotherapy is Gold Standard for Leg Spider Veins

Spider veins are like weeds...they have roots. So, surface laser treatments are not too effective. Injection Sclerotherapy is the Gold standard and addresses the root veins.  We prefer foam sclerotherapy for spider veins and have the only 100% satisfaction guarantee in the USA.

Christopher Pittman, MD
Tampa Phlebologist

Spider veins

I believe sclerotherapy would be a better option to treat the veins you are demonstrating in the photo.  Sclerotherapy works very well for veins of this size and is not painful.  Remember to avoid high impact exercises such as running and heavy lifting for a week or so after the sclerotherapy.  I also recommend wearing compression stockings for 5-7 days after sclerotherapy to get maximum results.

Lisa Perez, MD
Atlanta Physician