Would It be worth getting Rhinoplasty surgery?

I have always hated my nose and I have a overbit so it makes it look worse. I want to save up my money and possibly get one. Would i be a good canidate. My nostrils are also different sizes and shape because of a infection i had when I was young will it fix that too?

It is worth it if it bothers you...

Rhinoplasty can usually make a nice improvement in your nose, but you always have to have realistic expectations. You appear to possibly have a small septal deflection which can cause an asymmetry in the nostrils, which can usually be improved. The tip seems a bit bulbous which can also be improved. Finally a chin implant may help bring both your nose and chin into better balance. Start out with some consultations that offer computer imaging and you should be able to get an idea of what rhinoplasty can do for you.

Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

I think that you could benefit from various alterations with a rhinoplasty.   A chin implant may be appropriate depending upon the bite and your goals.

Beverly Hills, CA

You look like a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.  Your nostril asymmetry can be improved but likely some asymmetry will still be present post-op. It looks like a septal issue and medial cural foot plate issue .Best of luck

Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination

The photos demonstrate a weak chin profile and a small dorsal hump.  A rhinoplasty can help refine the nose and de-project it, while a chin implant can bring the chin forward to help with facial balance.  For many examples, please see the link and video below

Will be worth it to get a rhinoplasty?

The only person I could answer the question of whether it will be worth it or not to get a  rhinoplasty is you.  As a surgeon, I can tell you that we can definitely refined the shape  of your tip and nasal structure. A chin augmentation would also help  your overall facial proportions and restore harmony to your profile.  But whether that is worth it for you or not is a personal decision that you have to make. You should visit a plastic surgeon who does rhinoplasties where digital imaging can give you an idea of what is possible and will help you decide whether this  something that will make you happy or not. It will also give you a realistic expectation of what is possible. 

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty -- Worth It?

A rhinoplasty can give you a more feminine nose, and can address the nostril asymmetry that you mention. What you call "an overbite" looks to be a retrusive chin, which can be corrected with a chin implant. The most important aesthetic aspect of these two surgeries, done in conjuction, is that the result is natural looking, so you simply look like a better version of yourself, but not like you had any surgery.

Bulbous tip

The nasal tip was bulbous in appearance.  This can be improved significantly with tip plasty.  The shape of the nostrils can be very difficult to match 100%.  You should concentrate on getting the nasal tip refined at some point in that alone will make a huge difference in the overall Nose aesthetics.

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your nose is slightly bulbous and overprotected and ptotic (droopy) and the nostril asymmetry appears to be from a deviated inferior crus of the lower lateral cartilage, this can also be fixed. You are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Seemingly a good candidate

you have nice narrow nasal bones, good tip projection and only a small dorsal hump but a boxy asymmetric tip... the footplate of your left lower lateral cartilage's medial crus is displaced into the nostril.... your's seems a fairly straightforward primary rhinoplasty.... take your time to find the right surgeon with proper experience and judgement to avoid the dreaded overdone destructive rhinoplasty

Modern, nondestructive, anatomical rhinoplasty techniques are more sophisticated than they were years ago. In the minds of modern rhinoplasty experts, these characteristics (beyond appropriate training/credentials) are tantamount to achieving consistently excellent rhinoplasty results:

1. many years of rhinoplasty practice experience
2. judgment and techniques that have evolved over time
3. a practice focused on rhinoplasty
4. a willingness to do difficult, secondary and reconstructive cases
5. an interest in teaching others how to evaluate and do rhinoplasty properly
6. a willingness to share one's rhinoplasty resume, photos and patient experiences with prospective patients

good luck