Should I be worried about this post op 3 days closed rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I had closed rhinoplasty three days ago and have serious internal swelling, especially on one side. My nostril is almost completely shut. Will this resolve or should I be worried about a retracted columella or collapsed nostril? Thank you!

3 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 days
after a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty and swelling

Swelling of the nose is the norm right after surgery. Any concerns regarding this should be addressed by your surgeon. Good luck.

3 days after rhinoplasty

I would not worry too much about your closed nostril until your nasal cast comes off. I would follow up with your surgeon to have your cast removed when they fill it is appropriate (usually about 7 days after surgery). Your nostril could be narrowed due to the compression of the cast. Also regarding a retracted columella; this is difficult to evaluate so early in your recovery. Best of luck.

Gina Chu, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon