Weight loss before surgery?

I'm 208 lbs at 5'1 how much do I need loose before I'm able to get a BBL ?

Weight loss before surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.Kind regards

Weight loss before surgery

Thanks for your question.  My suggestion would be for you to lose as much weight as you can and try to achieve your goal weight.  One of the measurements that we perform is the BMI.  For cosmetic procedures, we like to have a BMI of less than 30 so that we can ensure that it is safe to perform general anesthesia.  Also, if you achieve your goals prior to surgery, you can ensure that you do not affect your results after the BBL.  For instance, if you lose more weight after your BBL, your buttock shape will change and shrink in size.  I hope this helps. 

Eugene Kim, MD

Losing weight before surgery

Hello,  thank you for your question.   Having a proper weight before having surgery will be a good factor on getting the results you're expecting.    Your BMI is near 40 and that means you have Obesity Grade II.  You need to lose as much weight as possible before having a procedure done.  Probably +30 pounds.   Have a great day. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Your weight before surgery

You should be at a stable weight and a weight that you can maintain for ongoing years. Too high of a weight will probably decrease the overall effect of your outcome. Get to the weight you are comfortable with and will maintain. Then discuss This with your board-certified plastic surgeon And your expectations regarding your results.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss

I recommend you get to a goal weight that you can maintain throughout your life. There's no discreet number. You know your body best. Get to where you feel most comfortable.

Weight and BBL

It would be best to get down to a goal weight for you. Ideally a BMI under 30 is probably best......