Weight loss before Brazilian butt lift/ body contouring? (Photo)

I want to go for bbl and some aggressive Lipo/ body contouring for stomach and thighs. I am 165lbs 5'5". I keep reading that I need to be 15-20 over weight for procedure which is what I am now. Should I lose weight before surgery?

Weight loss before Brazilian butt lift/ body contouring?

Thank you for your question. If you are complaining about the look, position, volume and laxity of your buttocks, if you gained and lost a lot of weight causing an abnormal fat distribution of your buttocks area, if you had a pregnancy and you are not happy about the existing look of your buttocks then you might be a good candidate for the “Buttocks Reshaping Surgery”. You do not have to continue to live with a buttock which has an undesired shape and volume. It is good for you to know that there is a natural, easy and effective solution for this condition.

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for those procedures at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

If you lose more weight, before surgery, you may not have enough fat to achieve the result you want. Best to review with your surgeon.

From your photos alone you appear to be a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift. I would recommend loosing some weight for optimal results and to decrease surgical risks. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Butt Augmentation/ Liposuction / Liposculpture / High Definition Procedures / Liposuction Revision

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute