Two weeks away from BA Surgery with Group B Strep Infection. Will I likely have to cancel or reschedule?

My doctor just called to give me the news. She originally thought it was a UTI and gave me Macrobid (I’m allergic to Penicillin) and told me that they will likely not help but would like me to finish the full course of medication and retest. No other treatment options given at the moment. I know my health comes first but want to know realistically if any surgeons have seen this and how likely it is that I will have to move or cancel my surgery?

Surgeon dependent

You situation may be surgeon-dependent.  I recommend a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Infection and surgery

If the infection is gone by the time of your surgery, you should be fine. Best to follow your surgeon's advice and discuss with her.

Resolved infection will probably not postpone breast augmentation.

With two weeks of treatment a strep infection should be totally cleared up and would not post on the operation. However, your surgeon will reevaluate your situation just before the operation.