I'm into my the 3rd week of blepharoplasty recovery (upper and lower). I have an indentation in the crease. Is it normal?

While my lower eye recovery is normal, my upper lids are still slightly swollen and the outer lids seem to be droopy. But, the bigger issue is my left eye: the outer edge (crease of eye) is still a little bumpy AND there seems to be an indentation in the crease of my eye, whereas the right eye crease is completely even and healed. Is this normal?

Upper Blepharoplasty Incision

Generally speaking, healing of the upper eyelid incision is usually quite charitable. Early on it is common to experience small bumps and irregularities as you describe, however, most of these minor imperfections will smooth out and resolve in two or three months time. Treatment is rarely required unless there is thickening and tethering (pulling) of the scar near the inner canthus of the eye.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

At three weeks the scars have not matured significantly. You likely have swelling and redness. This can take 6 months to a year to settle.

Healing takes time

You must be patient.  Healing corrects asymmetry often and good things happen.  You must not worry.  The whole healing process takes a year although much happens in the firs 3 to 6 months.  Quite worrying.  Start enjoying your new look.  My Best,  Dr C

Agree that 3 weeks is pretty early from surgery.

I think if you really want some feedback from this site, consider posting photographs.  Generally it is very hard to identify someone from a photo that only shows the eyelids.  A picture is truly worth a thousand words.  

Still early healing

Though I do not see a picture attached to your question, I can safely say that things will continue to change and get a lot better. I know that three weeks can seem like a long time but you are still in the phase of healing in which you will still see considerable improvements with regards to swelling and the types of creases and bumps that you describe. I often recommend just a few minutes of gentle massage over those types of area a few times a day. Of course follow up with your surgeon as well. Best of luck. 

Ravi Dahiya, MD
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon