It's been a week since my 3800 FUE transplant and my donor area gets sore whenever I sleep to an extent that it alters my sleep.

The diner area is still numb and painful when I apply pressure on it. What can I do to speed up recovery? Can I use Fucidine cream?

Donor area sore after FUE hair transplant

a bit of soreness after hair transplant for the first couple of weeks is normal. If it persists you need to follow up with your doctor. 

Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

3800 FUE grafts a week ago

You had 3800 FUE grafts a week ago and have pain in the donor area. This should go away in a few more weeks, but if it does not, go back to see your doctor

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It may be normal to have some pain or soreness after surgery. If you are having issues it is best to contact your doctor.

It may be normal to have some pain or soreness after surgery.  If you are having issues it is best to contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Donor area discomfort

A large donor area must be utilized to harvest 3,800 grafts in an FUE procedure.  Due to the size of the donor area, some swelling and discomfort may persist for several weeks, but this invariably resolves.  Sleeping on this region, and the pressure applied to the donor area, may cause more discomfort in the immediate postoperative period.  I would recommend to allow further time and keep your head elevated on several pillows when you sleep.