Do I have to wear the garment to work? (photo)

I'm going back to work tomorrow and I am 10 days post op. My butt shape is still kind of weird and when I wear the garment and makes it look 10 times worse. Is it OK if I just wear a waist trainer type garment to work and then put the full garment back on after work? I think I'll be too embarrassed to go to work like this. Will that be harmful to my results?

BBL garment

Thank you for your question and photographs.It is very important to consult with your doctor and follow their post operative protocols. If your doctor says it is okay to stop wearing the garment then you can but if they advise you to keep it on longer then I would definitely listen to them to obtain the best results. If you are embarrassed of how your buttocks looks in the garment I would recommend wearing something loose fitting over long that will cover your buttocks area in the meantime. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Garment post-op

Not all surgeons use garments. You need to ask your surgeon his preference. Best of luck............

Ask your surgeon

Each surgeon has their own specific post operative instructions. You should address this with your chosen surgeon directly. 
Regards 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Garment after BBL

Not sure what type of garment you have, but in general you will get best results wearing the garment for at least 4-6 weeks after surgery.  Your doctor will have his own preferences which may be different from others, but the overall principles are the same.  Your surgeon may recommend changing to a different style garment as you are close to 2 weeks from the date of the procedure.  

Thomas A. Pane, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Garment after surgery

Thank you for your question. I would recommend calling your surgeon for instructions on garment use. Every surgeon is different in what they expect with garments after surgery. Good luck with recovery.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon