Should I wait to have a TT? (photos)

I'm a mother of 3. 5"4, 165lb. Should I loose more weight before doing a TT?

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. With good surgical technique, you could have an outstanding result. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Should I wait to have a TT?

Thank you for your question.  For a height of 5'4" and weight of 165 lbs, your BMI is about 28 and acceptable for elective cosmetic surgery.  If your weight is stable and you're not a smoker, you would be a good candidate.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Abdominal contour improvement

It is always difficult to be sure of fitness for surgery based on photographs but given your brief description I believe that you would be a reasonable candidate for abdominal contour improvement. When proceeding with surgery it is always best to be at or near your goal weight, weight stable, and healthy for the procedure. I would suggest an in person consultation with a Plastic Surgeon who can go over your exact options to meet your needs.

Ryan Mitchell, MD, FRCSC
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In this regard, I recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.
Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).
Kind regards
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Achieving Goal Weight

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Congratulations on your weight loss so far!  In general, achieving a stable goal weight will enhance the overall aesthetic result of your surgery and minimize your risk for complications.  I would advise you to seek out an experienced plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation to discuss body contouring options and to evaluate the success of your weight loss to date.  Best wishes! 

Weight loss

Weight loss is very important aspect for successful abdominoplasty surgery. You need to reduce  your weight so that your BMI is less than 30 for safe surgery to be performed. Consult a BCPS. 

Tummy tuck

An exam would be required to assess your muscle tone, intra- abdominal fat, etc. Usually, it is difficult to lose the stubborn fat without surgery and this can jump start your weight loss in general.

So a tummy tuck would probably help you.

Should I wait to have a TT?

Based on your photos I would recommend loosing more weight. This will decrease your surgical risks as well as improve your over all aesthetic result. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Try to lose more weight

I would definitely suggest that you try to lose more weight before having an abdominoplasty. If there are no contraindications to phentermine and you are willing to try it, I would suggest that you be given a 2 months prescription for phentermine. If taking phentermine along with diet and exercise, you have not lost any weight after 2 months, I would do the abdominnoplasty. If you have lost weight, I would continue on phentermine, diet and exercise until you have got down to  your target weight. Then, I would do the abdominoiplasty.

The abdominoplasty will be easier to do and less likely to have complications if you are less heavy. That said, from a practical view point, most patients will not succeed in loosing weight

John J. Bandeian, MD
Bristol Plastic Surgeon

Should I wait to have a TT? (photos)

Congratulations on losing weight and becoming healthier. I always suggest that my patients lose as much as they can, even if they can't reach their ideal body weight.  I think that this will improve your final cosmetic appearance. Good luck!