Is Voluma for nasolabial fold area an option?

Is there a way doctors can apply Voluma onto the bones by the nasolabial fold area in order to lift that area and decrease the nasolabial folds? My intention is just to make it last longer, since Voluma can last up to two years

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Voluma for Naso-Labial Folds

Yes, Voluma was designed to treat this area. However, keep in mind that sometimes increasing the volume in the cheeks with a filler such as Voluma is actually the best option for lifting the nano-labial folds. Make sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist to discuss the best option for your individual face. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma for Nasolabial Fold

You can absolutely use Voluma in that area as well as the mid-facial area to increase volume in a more lasting way.  Please consult an expert who uses Voluma every day to inject. It is my favorite product and has fabulous results.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma

Thank you for your question. Facial plastic procedures do not address the underlying structure (as you mentioned, the bones), but can utilize Voulma to increase the volume of the cheeks, the facial feature above the nasiolabial fold, part. I suggest you next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma For NLF

Thank you for your excellent question.  Voluma's Vycross Technology involves increased cross-linking between hyaluronic acid molecules, creating a thicker, more malleable and longer-lasting product that is optimal for deeper injection in the midface or cheek area.  As a result, in general, I recommend Voluma for restoration of age-related volume loss in the checks and Juvederm for the lower third of the face.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Voluma in the nasolabial folds

Thank you for your question Lory Costa. Voluma is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. It is indicated for the upper cheeks. I have never used Voluma in the nasolabial folds but I know several colleagues who have. In October 2016 Volbella will be available. Volbella is indicated in this area and uses the same Vycross technology as Voluma which makes it last longer. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Voluma in NLF

Hi Lory, and thank you for your question.  I agree with my colleagues that due to the particle size and firmness, Voluma is a filler best suited for facial shaping, such as cheek augmentation.  While not the most commonly used filler for nasolabial folds, some patients do benefit from the use of Voluma to augment the folds, and patients often appreciate the long duration of effect.  Consider consultation with a Board Certified surgeon to discuss your options.  Sometimes deep NLF's are a symptom of descent and deflation of the cheek, and treating the folds without addressing the cheek may lead to suboptimal results.  Best of luck!

Larry Lickstein, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Voluma for NL lines

Hello, and thanks for your question. I find that with carefully placing Voluma in the cheeks, most of my patients get enough lift so as to not require much/any filler directly into the nasolabial lines. I tend to prefer Juvederm Ultra Plus for NL lines, but Voluma can be used as well (off-label). In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Though Voluma is only indicated for use in the midface - think cheeks - placement into the nasolabial fold can be performed to help restore lost volume and to smooth this facial crease.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation.