Voluma did not completely dissolve 8 months and 20 vitrase injections later?

I have been battling with voluma lumps and asymmetry since April. I did mri to rule out silicone (the thing is it can only rule out silicone). On ultrasound it only shows 2 cysts that can either be fluid due to infammation or hyaluronic acid (i have had that since day of injection). i left the area alone 4 a while, but i am self conscious. Is there any surgical treatment at this point esp for the lumpiness (voluma made whatever irregularity more visible) bc i cannot see it ever going down.

Voluma complicaitons

I am so sorry that you are continuing to have issues. I would advise you not to have surgery. I don't think it's a good course of action. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma and hyaluronidase

i suggest much more hyaluronidase and consider steroid/5fu injections.  venus legacy or exilis treatments should be performed twice weekly.  if there is any doubt of this being voluma, get a biopsy and culture.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Voluma Dissolving

At this point my advice would be not to have anything surgical. You can try having more hyaluronidase added to dissolve it but I would caution against any surgery. Best, Dr. Green

Voluma did not completely dissolve 8 months and 20 vitrase injections later.

Thank you for sharing your update and I am sorry that your results continue to cause issues.  Because the duration of effects for Voluma can last upwards of 2 years you may wish to allow more time to pass before contemplating surgical excision or removal of any filler.  It would be exceedingly difficult to remove any cysts at this point as with all your injectable treatments the tissues need time to heal and return to a new "normal."  I know waiting is difficult but hang in there, the Voluma should slowly degrade.  Best wishes.