Vagina clitoris/lips; is this abnormal looking? (Photos)

Pls tell me does my vagain looks bad? Does this need surgery? I m single, & my frds view s too much sex cause this, in my case its not true as I hv done too much of mastuburation which thinks has caused this enlargement? Please tell is it abnormal looking?

Candidate for Labiaplasty

Women have a wide range of normal color, texture, size and asymmetries of their genitilia. This is true of the Vulva and all of its parts, the same as other parts of the body. Candidates for #labiaplasty and #vaginal surgery include women concerned about the appearance of their genitals, or those who experience discomfort, pain or difficulty with sexual relations.  Moisture can create problems such as yeast infections. More specific problems can exist with any different cause of labia enlargement, though there is really no one specific cause. These problems may exist at birth or with growth and development. They can occur with childbirth or other trauma to the region. All of these issues can cause a woman great emotional distress that is often difficult to talk about with their partner, friends and even their doctor. So, likely the best way to have this evaluated would be to schedule a consultation with a local board certified plastic surgeon and determine the best potential procedure or treatment for your situation.

Looks normal

Every woman is unique in their appearance. Your genital area does not look “abnormal”. It looks fine! You were born this way — masturbation did not cause this. Please don’t compare your appearance with others, as you are unique.  However, if you are bothered by the length and size of your labia minora, labiaplasty may help.

Normal Looking Labia

First and foremost there is normal anatomical variations and therefore yours are completely within the normal.If they make you feel uncomfortable or bother you, then you should consider a labiaplasty and clitoral hood reduction in order to give them the appearance you desire.Best of luck.

Not abnormal, but...

You look perfectly normal. Some women still seek refinement of their lips even if they are normal. The real questions are: How do you feel about them? Do they ever hurt or get caught in clothing?
Best Regards,John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Large labia

If you don't like the appearance of your labia. Consider doing a labiaplasty. I prefer my technique of a posterior wedge technique. You can learn more on the link below. And, no, I have not heard that masturbation increases the size of the labia.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Are labia and clitoral hood normal?

I reviewed your photos. Your labia minora and clitoral hood are normal but can be made smaller if you wish.  A labiaplasty with a clitoral hood reduction can reduce your size.  However, it must be performed by a surgeon with experience. One of the two most common labiaplasty techniques is the central wedge technique, which I invented in 1995 and published in the plastic surgery textbooks. It is also known as the "V" or wedge technique. Gynecologists and most plastic surgeons perform a labioplasty very differently. They essentially trim the labia minora (inner vaginal lips) and leave a long suture line instead of the normal labial edge. Their technique is the same whether a scalpel or a laser is used. In contrast, the central wedge removes triangles of tissue and bring the normal edges together. Thus, the normal labial edges, normal color, and normal anatomy are preserved, but the darkest labial tissue is usually removed. If you have extra tissue on your clitoral hood, it can be reduced at the same time. Your clitoral hood is thick, wide, and protuberant.  It can be decreased somewhat by reducing the sides.  I pioneered a clitoropexy with clitoral hood reduction in which the clitoris is pushed closer to the pubic bone and the width, thickness, length, and protuberance of the clitoral hood can be decreased.  No matter the technique, an inexperienced or unskilled surgeon can lead to a high rate of complications, chronic scar discomfort, labial deformities, and further surgery. Gary J. Alter, M.D.
Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Gary J. Alter, MD

Abnormally concerned over your normal labia?

Labia come in all shapes and sizes just like bellies, butts and breasts yet all are normal. If you prefer shorter, sleeker labia, then labiaplasty can reduce them effectively, but they are completely normal and look like those of every other woman on the planet.

There are labia of every shape and size...all normal

Your labia look normal and you do not need surgery. Studies say that men do not care about the size or shape of labia. And masturbation does not enlarge the labia. Such things as childbirth, genetics and aging can determine the size. If you decide that you are not happy with the way your labia look, you can always change them but once the labial skin is surgically taken cannot be put back. It's important to see an expert in the field. Be confident in knowing that you look normal.Jennifer Hayes, DO, FACOOG

The size of the labia is highly variable and normal is not defined.  Labiaplasty is typically performed for a patient who has a desires to change the appearance due to personal choice or has symptoms such as pain or discomfort.  If you are happy with the appearance and have no functional/pain issues then I would not recommend a surgery.

Earle Pescatore, DO
Fort Lauderdale OB/GYN

Labial hypertrophy

All labia can vary is size and for this reason there is a wide range of "normal." Excess labial skin is caused by genetics, vaginal deliveries and hormonal changes during pregnancy. The size of the labia is only a concern if you are bothered by the size in appearance or have discomfort. Intercourse or self stimulation does not result in larger labia.