Unevenness and bumps after Lip augmentation! Should I do anything? (photos)

I got my upper lip done yesterday (0.5ml). After injection, I noticed that lip is uneven. He tried to correct but it still looked uneven although he said that everything will be fine. A day later, the swelling has gone down a little but the lip still look uneven and a little bumpy. I massaged them and been icing but they still look the same. Should I keep massaging? Should I go back and ask him to remove it with hyaluronidase? Will they even out on their own and the doctor was right?

Lip swelling after filler injection

Lip swelling can occasionally occur following filler treatment. This usually takes a few days to resolve. It would be best to wait at least a week for the swelling to improve. If you are still unhappy after 1-2 weeks, you should visit a board certified facial plastic surgeon to see if you need additional filler or need to have it dissolved. Fortunately, the majority of fillers used today are made of hyaluronic acid which can be easily dissolved with hyaluronic acid if necessary.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

Hi Kaurelle

Thanks for posting your question and your photo's.

Be a a little patient. It takes some time for your swelling to settle and so would wait a bit and see how you go. If you are still unhappy with the results, go back to your PS and let him know. He should be more than willing to correct this.

Although the results look good on you. All the best

Amir Nakhdjevani, MBBS, MRCS, FRCS (Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after an augmentation

Congratulations kaurelle on your augmentation! Everyone recovers differently and it really depends on what kind of filler you had you had and if the same thing was done on both sides. Sometimes your surgeon may have specific post procedure instructions and it is important to keep follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon and have your questions addressed in person as well. Best of luck, MMT

Lip Augmentation and lumps

I would not panic after one day since there is often some irregularity or swelling initially after the procedure.  It would be best to wait at least a week to see if you need more filler or need to have it dissolved.  Best, Dr. Green

On even lips after a lip augmentation

It is not unusual to have some asymmetries and bumps for the first week after a lip augmentation. I believe you should wait until 7 to 14 days after lip augmentation to fully judge your results. At that time, if you need a touch up or removal of the filler you could consider those options. At this time, I would just be patient.I hope this helps

Keep massaging

Keep massaging for now. It would be nice to retain the volume.
Your doctor may need to inject hyaluronidase, but it is still early.

Concerns after lip augmentation

I appreciate your concern but one day is too soon to worry. Give it a few days, then go back to your doctor, any asymmetry is fixable. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD