Would botox fix my uneven smile? (Photo)

Hello! I noticed that my smile has become more uneven as I age (one side of my face seems to be higher). Is there anything I can do for the unevenness of my smile? Botox? Thank you!

Uneven Smile

You have a pretty smile, so be careful trying to treat mild asymmetry as most faces are slightly asymmetrical. Botox done wrong can cause problems around the mouth. Google photos of Goldie Hawn, Kate Hudson's mother, when she was younger. Adorable pretty face and an extremely uneven smile! It didn't hurt her career!

Uneven Smile Correction

Juvederm Voluma would be the best injectable to help adjust the asymmetry of your smile and improve your appearance. A small amount of Botox would help as well. Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

"The enemy of good is perfect"

I think that trying to fix what little asymmetry you have with Botox will lead to a problem that looks much worse. I'd be happy with the great smile you have now. I don't know how many times I've told this line to patients, but its true. They expect that we can to almost anything without the chance of side effects. When the outcome isn't what they expected, they are much more unhappy then if we did nothing. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox

Thank you for your question. Even though you complain of an uneven smile you do have a nice smile

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Smile asymmetry

I would caution against using botox to the smile itself. It would be difficult at best to control the exact area to treat so that the smile is mores symmetric. Good luck.

Uneven smile

You have a very pretty smile. The slight asymmetry is nothing more than your facial signature which is very attractive. Do not have Botox or fillers injected to correct this-- very good chances you won't like what you get.

Robert J. Smyth, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and smile

Botox could help and so could fillers. Just be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox to correct uneven smile

Botox can be used carefully by an expert injector (e.g. dermatologist) to correct an uneven smile. It would be injected in the depressor anguli oris (DAO) on the side that rises too high to bring it down a little.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon