Uneven incision on upper Asian blepharoplasty. Afraid that after a few months of recovering it'll stay looking this way. (photo)

3 weeks post op Upper bleph incision is significantly uneven. I know it's really early to tell but I can't help but feel a little scared and uneasy.. The incision on my left eye seem to be a lot higher than my right eye. And my right eye have multiple creases with a rigid bumpy line and not a smooth as my left.Please help me with your advices as to what I should do and whether I might need a revision. Thanks everyone!

Uneven Incisions

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Missy, I tell patients that the final outcome of the surgery may not be appreciated for 3-6 months following the procedure.  In your case, the lids still appear swollen.  It's okay for the appearance to be irregular since our lids heal at different rates.  Hang in there and don't consider any revisions until at least 3 months.

Cheers,

Hugo

Honolulu Oculoplastic Surgeon

Uneven incision on upper Asian blepharoplasty. Afraid that after a few months of recovering it'll stay looking this way

Your post op pictures actually look good, but you're still very early in the post operative healing period.  The "bumpy lines" are suture bumps and normal after surgery.  These bumps generally improve over time, although it may take several months.  Injection of dilute steroid can also be given to help flatten the bumps as well as silicone scar removal gel.  In general, you should wait about 3 months to see the final result from blepharoplasty.  If asymmetry is still present and bothersome at that time, it can be corrected with a revisional procedure.  

Paul Nazemi, MD
Newport Beach Oculoplastic Surgeon