If I were to undergo a brow lift, neck lift, and mid facelift, would I still need blepharoplasty? (photos)

I am 49 years old and wish to correct my drooping brows, under-eye hollows, jowls, sagging neck and jawline. I previously used Botox to lift my brows and filler for volume in my cheeks and tear trough hollows and to minimize jowls. I now want a longer lasting or more permanent solution as the upkeep is too expensive to maintain and fillers will not correct my neck and jawline issues. I recently had a consultation at MEETH and am planning to schedule necessary procedures for February.

I agree

Eyelid may be a good choice for you, to get a full blepharoplasty at the time of the brow lift, this is done removing the excess of skin and the inner corner fat pad at the upper eyelid and at the lower eyelids I recommend, and practice, the transconjunctival approach without any scars on skin.

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Brow lift?

Great photos; thanks for sharing them!

For the right patient, I find that a brow/lid lift is a very reliable procedure to produce wonderful rejuvenation of the upper face. To your credit, your photos demonstrate a nice retention of beauty for a person of your still rather young age, so good for you!  It appears that you take very good care of yourself.  I would say that a judicious lifting might well make sense for you, but, I would also recommend being conservative, esp w/ lower lid work.  

If I undergo a facelift and brow lift do I still need a blepharoplasty?

Congratulations to you for posting great pictures that really show all the issues on your face, neck and eyes. You are even pushing on your eyeballs to show how the fat compartments bulge on your lids. Here is my assessment and I am basing it on the pictures only. An in person consultation would be necessary to be more precise  and accurate in my answer. Your brows are actually sitting in an acceptable position. Therefore you have the option of doing your upper lids instead, but as you probably know the excess skin of the upper lids is dependent on the position of the brow. If you prefer your brow to be higher, then you could get a brow lift and not have your upper lids done. Your lower lids show minimal amount of fat bulge on the pictures when you are not pushing on the eyeball. You do have a significant tear trough depression that can be addressed by fillers or possible fat grafting. The lower eyelid is related to the face and a facelift, especially a lift in the mid face can improve the lower lid by blending the lid cheek junction. You would need a face lift with more vertical axis as well as sub mental platisma muscle plication in order to correct your jowls the sub mental angle. A lower blepharoplasty with a septal reset would blend the lid cheek junction helped by the mid face elevation. If you like to explore these options further please make an appointment with me. I hope my explanation is clear. You posted great pictures and you definitely deserve a detailed answer.

Blepharoplasty

Necessity for blepharoplasty will depend on aggressiveness and technique of browlift and midface lift. And, of course, the look that you desire.

Improving Jawline & Eye Region

You are correct in noting the difference between permanent and temporary solutions. The fillers you mentioned are certainly temporary solutions, whereas the Laser-Assisted Weekend Necklift is a minimally invasive and technologically as well as surgically efficient procedure to improve the jawline and neck region.

In terms of your eyelids, the reality is that we will continue to age and therefore, there will always be changes and aging in this area. We are fortunate that eyelid changes do not occur as rapidly after surgery as changes in other areas might. Some individuals may require repeat surgery, but most often we find that whether they have surgery done at age 30, or at age 50, rarely does this procedure need to be repeated.

A browlift will reposition the brow and get rid of any sagging. Brow lift and forehead lift also act to smooth horizontal forehead lines and the ‘vertical 11’s’ between the brows.

I suggest you consult a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest quality knowledge, treatment, care and skill available. A consultation provides you the opportunity to relay your concerns and desired outcome to the surgeon while the surgeon can assess your health profile and discuss his/her pertinent advice.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Browlift, face neck lift

With the photos presented, and eyebrows appear to be in an acceptable position and not low-set.  Be very careful not to overdo the eyebrows. An upper eyelid blepharoplasty can remove excess skin when the skin is touching the upper lids without necessarily performing a brow lift.

Procedures for facial rejuvenation

Thank you for your question. When evaluating a face for rejuvenation, the PS's job is to identify what areas of your face need work, and what procedures will make a difference for you. Of course, an in-person exam is essential and every patient is different. Based on your photos, you have some loose neck skin and jowls, lower eyelid bulging, and drooping of your lateral brows. I would recommend a lower facelift, a transconjunctival lower blepharoplasty, and a lateral brow lift. I think these procedures can make significant improvements for you. We always recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in facial rejuvenation. I wish you the best!

Arnold Almonte, DO
Roseville Plastic Surgeon

BEST to only see in person boarded PSs in NYC.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Upper blepharoplasty and brow lift

Is difficult to answer this question without understanding your goals and and in office examination. Generally speaking, in reviewing your pictures it appears you have low eyebrows and excess skin of the upper eyelids. For these reasons, I think it will be likely for you to get the best results possible I would recommend that you undergo an upper blepharoplasty and combination with the other above-mentioned procedures.

I hope this helps