Can Ultherapy be dangerous if the procedure was done too quickly?

In other words, if the muscles do not have time to relax in between contractions, could this be overkill, leading to complications? There are people without training using these machines. Does anyone know what is in a fake/refurbished transducer? Thank you for your time.

Ultherapy real or fake?

Hello infoneededplz,

I am a little confused as to whether you are asking if you had an Ulthera treatment from a legitimate machine or a "knock off" imitator or was it too fast thus giving you an inadequate treatment? Did you have it done at a reputable /certified facility with Board Certified physicians on staff? In that scenario unlikely you received a bogus treatment. Was the price too good to be true? The chance of an imitator would go up. What are you basing you assumption of a treatment that is "too fast" on?  Things you read? What the clinic told you? Bottom line regarding the machine is that part of the safe guards built in is the "fixed time" that is built into the ability to fire the transducer. Thus can only go so fast and must complete one treatment before moving to the next. Too many unknown variables to be any more specific than that. I'm sorry for your experience not being what you expected. Be well. 

Greenville Physician

Ultherapy Facts

It wouldn't be likely that you received a "too fast" ultherapy treatment from a certified facility, because of the treatment parameters of the machine. I recommend only seeing an expert for treatment. For best results, I recommend Ultherapy in combination with lasers or RF, Sculptra for collagen building, microneedling/prp. Kybella and/or ThermiRF treatments (Venus Legacy). See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Ulthera

Ulthera is not working on the muscles.  And you can only go so fast.  So even a speedy treatment will work well.  If they are using a real machine in a certified facility you should be fine.  THere are surely black market machines out there which may not work as well or could be dangerous.  It the price is too good, beware.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ultherapy is safe

I'm afraid the question doesn't make sense. The machine will not allow firing too of the next treatment before the current one is complete. If you seek out experienced, reputable and board-certified dermatologist, facial plastic surgeon or general plastic surgeons for such medical treatments, you would not have to worry about adequate training of staff or fake machine or transducer. At the end as consumers we are all responsible for the choices we make. Check credentials and experience BEFORE you get treatment.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon