Ultherapy 2 months before lower kid laser blepharoplasty - can it be promoting the healing process, specifically crepey skin?

I had a lower lid laser blepharoplasty 3 days ago. I'm surprised by quite limited swelling and bruising which I anticipated would be more extensive (although I recognize I'm only 72 hours out). Nonetheless I wonder if the ultherapy I had in July to stimulate collagen around my cheekbone area can be helpful to my overall healing process which I hope will address my new crepey skin and under eye wrinkles (I know these will normally take several months to improve in any case).

Ultherapy for skin tightening won't help lower lid skin heal more quickly from blepharoplasty

The ultrasound energy is not delivered to the skin that is close to the eyelashes of the lower eyelids. The ultrasound is not placed over the skin that sits on the eye. Ultherapy can treat skin that is about 3/4 to 1 inch below the eyelashes so it probably is not responsible for you to have healed so quickly from a lower lid blepharoplasty. Certain laser treatments do treat skin right up to the eyelashes, but not Ultherapy ultrasound.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy Can Improve The Crepey Skin Of The Lower Eyelid

It is unlikely that your prior Ultherapy treatment had any effect on the swelling or bruising following your lower eyelid blepharoplasty.  However, laser used for laser blepharoplasty can quickly seal small bleeding vessels in the surgical field, and may have a role in reducing postoperative swelling and bruising.  

In terms of Ulthera, it is possible that the skin tightening and increased collagen synthesis stimulated in the skin of the lower eyelid and lid cheek junction by this procedure may cause some degree of tightening of the skin of the lower eyelid, as well as providing  increased support of the lower eyelid over time, and further add to the overall aesthetic improvement you will ultimately enjoy from your lower lid blepharoplasty.

Peter Lee, MD, FACS

Ultherapy for the Win

Ultherapy is absolutely helpful, because collagen is needed for skin repair.  A combination of lasers or radiofrequency treatments can also help address crepey skin and under eye wrinkles, but you're right, you won't know your final results for a few months. Best, Dr. Emer