When do you typical schedule follow ups after tumescent liposuction?

I was told that my follow up would be a week after my procedure and I've seen lots of instances where the follow up is the next day. I'm just wondering if this is within the normal range of follow up appointment dates.

Follow up interval

Thank you for the question. After liposuction you will be swollen for several weeks. Returning to the office the next day is not only too soon to see an effect, but it may be difficult to move well enough to get in the car and get to the office. Usually 10- 14 days is a good interval, sutures may be removed from the sites where the cannulas were placed and your body will have had some time to get rid of some of the swelling.Good luck,

Follow up visits

Every surgeon has his/her own protocol for follow up visits. However, most do wish to see you within the first week to make sure everything is healing properly.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tumescent Liposuction Follow Up

Thank you for your question about tumescent liposuction.

Yes, one week is well within the normal range of follow up appointments.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Doctors vary in their followup exams.
One week can be fine.
Alert the office about your concerns and see if an earlier visit can be arranged.

In general, I see patients about a week later after liposuction. I give very detailed post-op instructions but if a patient needs to be sooner, then I will see them sooner.