What are the different types of Breast implants?! (photos)

I want the safest type of implants that look and feel more natural. I have 0 knowledge of the amount of cc's that go into the implant to achieve the desired size. I am a 34 DD but I know majority of that is skin. I want to keep my size but I don't know how much c.c's each breast would need.

Lift only?

You might just consider a lift only. It looks like you have enough breast tissue. If you want more volume then implants would be necessary.

Your breasts

If you just want a lift, then it appears as if you have enough of your own breast tissue and  do not need implants, unless you want to be bigger. All implants are safe, but you probably don't need them. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast implants and breast lift

After weight loss and pregnancy, women may have sagging breasts, excess skin and loss of breast volume.Breast lift or mastopexy helps reposition the breast tissue and tighten the breast skin.   Breast lifts alone often make the breast appear smaller and breast implants may be used to help maintain desired volume and give upper pole fullness.  Sizing is usually performed in person at consultation based on patient measurements and desires.

Breast Reduction

I think you would be a great candidate for a breast lift/reduction without an implant.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast lift.  This can improve the shape and perkiness of your breasts.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Different types of breast implants

There are many types of breast implants, but based on the photos you submitted, you are a good candidate for a breast lift. You want to stay the same size, so implants would only make you bigger, and you appear to have enough volume. The most natural implants are silicone gel implants rather than saline. The smaller breasted an individual is, the more important silicone implants to achieving a natural result. The implants can be smooth, textured, moderate, moderate plus, or high profile,  shaped or round. Each surgeon has their own preferences. The base diameter of the breast is the most important measurement in choosing a size.  

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Thank you for question and posting an appropriate picture. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift procedure. If you are happy with your size, you don't need an implant, just your own breast tissue reshaped in an uplifted and aesthetic position.  A consultation is needed for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Revision/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. The best way to determine implant size is based on chest wall measurements that fit your body.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.   Implants under the muscle, there is less risk of capsular contracture.  Anatomic implants tend to give a more natural shape with more nipple projection. From your photos, it appears you would also benefit from a breast lift.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

What are the different types of Breast implants?

Thank you for the question.  Based on your photograph, you have demonstrate breast ptosis; you will benefit from breast lifting plus/minus breast augmentation surgery. You are not a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery only.

Generally speaking,  the type (saline or silicone gel) of implant used may  determine the final outcome for some patients undergoing breast augmentation/lifting surgery, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. Most surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue.  In other words, if a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.    Also, generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant type/size/profile selection) is: 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.  

2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.  Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.   Therefore, I ask that my patients not base their communication preoperatively OR  their satisfaction with the outcome of surgery postoperatively, on achieving a specific cup size. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase. 3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  The use of temporary intraoperative sizers, viewing the patient's breasts in the upright and supine position, are very helpful during the breast implant selection process. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation/lifting surgery concerns), helps.  Best wishes.

Implants and breast surgery.

Thanks for sharing your questions and photos. Based only on the photos, I would prefer to perform a  breast lift in cases with similar anatomy. It looks like you're fairly saggy and that you need a breast lift, but this can only be confirmed on examination. You appear to be a grade 2 or 3 level of sagginess of your breast tissue. In my office, patients with similar findings will be recommended a vertical or anchor breast lift and implants combination if the want the sagging to be reduced, lift the nipples to a more ideal location, and have better long term results. Breast implants that are used in the USA, are FDA approved and have a strong safety record. For a more detailed analysis of which procedure is best to achieve your goals, you'll need to see a plastic surgeon in-person. Best, Dr. ALDO.

Aldo Guerra, MD