What type of procedure for my breasts would you recommend? (Photo)

I've lost some weight and continuing to lose. I know i should get to my desired weight before i perform the surgery. I would like to know what type procedure for my breast would you recommend based on the pictures below? Would you recommend a Mastopexy or breast reduction? I'm not sure if with a lift there is some reduction in the size. Ideally i would like to breast to go down a size (C/D), i'm currently 42DD.

What type of procedure for my breasts would you recommend?

Congratulations on your successful weight loss thus far. You are wise in achieving your long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with breast reduction surgery. Tthis operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Make sure that he/she has significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals carefully. You will find, that there is no "ideal size"; ultimately, what you consider aesthetically pleasing should be heavily considered well planning the operation. In my practice, I ask patients to use as many visual aids as possible during the communication process. Avoiding terms such as "proportionate", "ideal", or referencing cup sizes is important in my opinion.
I hope this, and the attached link/video helps. Best wishes.

Candidate for a BR

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a breast reduction.

Also known as reduction mammoplasty, this is an operation intended to reduce the size of a woman’s breasts and improve their shape and position. Frequently, the areola (dark skin around the nipple) is also made smaller. Functional symptoms (medical disorders) caused by excessive breast weight may be relieved or improved by this operation.
Women who have large, heavy breasts, which may be the cause of movement difficulties, back, shoulder and neck pain, poor posture, bra-strap indentations and chafing under the breasts will benefit from reduction.
Women with excessive breast size, which may decrease a sense of attractiveness and self-confidence, are candidates.
Large breasts that interfere with normal daily activities or with exercise will be more comfortable when reduced.

Lift and implants

With further weight loss, you’ll probably experience a decrease in breast size as well. Once you reach your ideal, stable weight, you may want to consider a breast lift if you’re unhappy with the shape of your breasts. Tissue is removed during a breast lift resulting in a slight decrease in cup size. If you want to dramatically reduce the size of your breasts, then a reduction can be performed at the same time.

Breast lift/reduction

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that once you have reached your goal weight, a breast reduction/lift would be appropriate to improve the appearance of your breasts.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Congratulations on the weight loss

I encourage you to continue losing weight until you are at your goal or you risk changing the results from your surgery- and not in a good way.  From the looks of it, you would be a fantastic candidate for breast reduction surgery which will not only get you to the size you want, but improve the shape and perkiness of your breasts.  I really think it would be a life-changing decision and one that you will never regret.  Please seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that gets wonderful breast surgery results.  Hope this helps.

-JGH

Breast lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
The resulting scar is a very important issue to be discussed with your plastic surgeon.
In this regard, surgical scar can be: just around areola (Benelli breast lift) for smalls breasts falls cases; In "lollipop" scar - that you referred in your enquire - for moderate falls, and in "T" or "J" scars for severe breasts falls.
Finally, as it is a delicate surgery, I recommend you a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (aesthetic and reconstructive) with extensive experience in cases like yours and special training in breast surgery.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast reduction

A breast reduction which would also lift the breasts would probably be the best solution. Because of your severe laxity a "T" type incision closure would probably be best.

Your breasts

Most likely a reduction/lift will be the best for you. Have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to go over all of your options.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast reduction

You can get a beautiful lift and reshaping to your breasts through a breast reduction.  You have stated that you wish to be lighter and a reduction procedure will both lift and reduce you.  Keep up the great work with your weight loss..you will be a safer operative candidate as a result but also will get a more sustainable lift and contour in the long run.  I think a vertical or lollipop reduction would serve you well.

Thank you for your question.  You would be a great candidate for a breast reduction with an anchor incision, which would make your breasts smaller, lifted and perkier.  As long as your weight is stable and you're not a smoker, you would be a candidate for the surgery.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS