What type of nose job do I need? How much would it cost? (photos)

nose is droppy, long, wide, and i have big uneven nostrils. i feel insecure and unfeminine, i am embarrassed when people look at it in side view cause it sticks out so much, i have extra cartilage in my nose.

Rhinoplasty is about balance. To obtain a good result, often all parts of the nose need to be addressed

It is difficult to tell from photos of just the tip of your nose what you need. From the photos, the tip needs to be raised and the nostrils narrowed. However, once I see your entire nose, the plan might change. A rhinoplasty surgeon should not only look at your nose, but look inside it, as well as touch the tip to determine the size, shape and orientation of the cartilages. Cost should be secondary. You have one nose and should want to have surgery done right.

Cosmetic Rhinoplasty

A cosmetic rhinoplasty can remove and reposition tissue in the nose for better aesthetics. Based on your photos I feel you would benefit from lowering the dorsum, reshaping, deprojecting, and rotating the tip, and narrowing the width.

These are big movements that are often intended to create subtle, millimeter changes to the shape of the nose once it heals. The thickness of the nose skin can affect the overall result, however, an improvement can be obtained for most patients. 

See the link below for more info.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best treatment. Consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

There are ways to improve your nose, but respectfully, I need more photos.

I usually make a morph when I'm answering questions like this, but the photos you submitted only show the tip of your nose. In order to evaluate what to do, we as plastic surgeons need to see the entire nose. None of these photos is good enough to make a morph. Sorry. See the "Web reference" link, just below my post. At the *very* bottom of that page is a link to instructions on taking photos that are most useful for online consultations like this.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

A rhinoplasty that reduces your dorsal hump, refines your tip and rotates it upwards, and narrows your alar base would be indicated.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

What type of nose job do I need.

Unfortunately you basically have only showed the lower portion of your nose. So my analysis is limited

What it shows is a nose that has, among other things , a low, hanging columella, wide flaring nostrils, a plunging tip, inadequate tip projection, prominent subnasion and poor tip differentiation, long nostrils out of proportion to the tip lobule.

So the tip needs to be raised, the columella adjusted, nasal spine shortened, Weir excisions to narrow nostrils,  tip graft to increase tip projection and conservative trim of cephalic portion of the lateral crura of the alar cartilages.

This can all be done with a closed technique.

A consultation will resolve what really needs to be done.

Do your homework and find an expert in rhinoplasty.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Your nose

You need to be seen in person to determine what you want and what you need for your nose. Cost varies. EAch surgeon may have a different fee. At your consultation we discuss all aspects of your surgery including costs. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

What type of nose job do I need? How much would it cost?

Greetings

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so that they can perform a nasal examination on you and give you the best recommendations. From what I can tell from your photographs, you may benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing along with an alarplasty which is the technique that is commonly used for nostril reduction. This procedure consists of making an incision on the inside or outside of the nostrils then removing a specific amount of tissue. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

The limited views of your nose does not provide enough information. It is best to go in for consultation and review your goals and have a formal exam. Best of luck!