Which type of implant will deliver the most natural look AND feel?

I am trying to decide between a silicone shaped implant or a silicone round implant. I want them to look and feel very natural. I want them to move like real boobs. Also I would like to achieve full perkiness without my breast being high profile or poking out too much from the side.

I want natural

There are many great types of implants and they all serve their purpose.  In my practice, I prefer the round, smooth silicone implants to achieve the most natural feel and look.  Textured implants which include the shaped implants tend to feel a bit more firm.  Ask to feel the different types of implants during your consultation.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Silicone implants

I think the cohesive gels as opposed to the gummy tend to feel more natural.  Best of luck..............

Implant types

Most agree that silicone implants feel more natural than saline. In the augmentation patient, a silicone round implant works very well. I think the silicone shaped implants are more useful in the breast reconstruction patient. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon and good luck!

Salem Samra, MD
Middletown Plastic Surgeon

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation.

Breast Implants

I would recommend a smooth, round, silicone "gummy bear" implant placed in the sub-muscle plane.  

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. It's very difficult to give exact recommendations without photos or an in person consultation. Each persons anatomy is different and therefore different implants will will appear natural on different patients. Generally speaking, silicone implants feel more natural than saline implants. Also, depending on your current breast tissue, a shaped gummy bear implant will give you a natural look. I recommend undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging so you can "try on" different implants before your procedure. Make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon. Breast of luck!

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The best way to determine implant size is based on chest wall measurements that fit your body.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  

Implants under the muscle, there is less risk of capsular contracture.  Anatomic implants tend to give a more natural shape with more nipple projection.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Surgeon experience

Thank you for your question. I have always  felt that natural feeling and looking breasts can be achieved with augmentation with surgeon care and experience. Higher profile implants that are round and smooth have given the best results in my hands. We have used textured implants in the past but they tend to not be as 'mobile' and the shaped implants can show poor contours and are not necessary.

I would strongly recommend a surgeon with at least 15 years of experience. You should also feel comfortable with that surgeon and his information with the consultation.

Leland Deane MD FACS

Garden City and Manhattan, NY

Leland Deane, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. Implants are essentially devices that are used to increase cup size. Although there are many different implant styles, shapes and types, the final result will ultimately be determined by your original breast contours. Should further shaping and enhacement be desired, an alternative of placing fat from one part of the body to the breast, may significantly alter and improve the breast shape where an implant simply cannot reach. I would also encourage you to seek out a consultation by a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in various aspects of breast surgery. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Natural breast augmentation

Dear soseductive0302,

Very natural breast augmentation results can be achieved with many different implant types, even saline.  It is somewhat dependent on your body and breast characteristics, such as how much tissue you have naturally.  In this forum it is impossible to tell you which implant will give YOU the most natural result.  It is a complicated discussion, that should be undertaken with an American Board of Plastic Surgery plastic surgeon who has examined you.  Good luck!