What type of chin implant would be best? (Photos)

I am contemplating getting a chin augmentation because I feel my chin is very short and feel my face is very round and heavy looking. I would like my face to look slimmer and more of an angled masculine face. I've already had buccal fat removed and submental lipo done. What implant would be best and is it possible to achieve what I am looking for with a chin augmentation?

What type of chin implant would be best?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), the chin is weak as are the mandibular angles and there is excess facial fat in front and below the cheeks.  This combines to create an elongated oval shaped face.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek augmentation with cheek implants to add angularity to the cheeks and mid face.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.

Hope this helps.

Jawline Augmentation

While a square type chin implant and facial defatting would be helpful, it will not completely achieve your goals. You are overlooking the need for jaw angle augmentation, the back part of the jaw to go along with the change at the front part of the jaw. (chin) You need a more complete jawline augmentation to create the type of facial change you are seeking.

Chin implant candidate

A small Silastic chin implant can give  the added projection required to help with a recessive chin profile that is present.  The chin implants are really performed to augment the existing anatomy, not to change your face  to be angled/ masculine face.  In our practice, we have been using Implantech chin implants for over 25  with excellent results.  For more information, diagrams of the implants themselves, and many before and after results, please see the link and video below