Why are tummy tucks not performed with shape, as in foreign countries?

I'm from Dominican Republic and they do amazing Jobs over there. I got my tummy tuck here three and a half weeks ago and i'm so unhappy. I look so shapeless in fact, bigger than I was before. The only reason I chose to stay here was due to fear of catching an infection and of course dying. Now I'm wishing I had gone over there. will my shape change? I had an hourglass shape before tummy tuck now I look straight. All i wanted to do was remove little extra skin and flanks.

Tummy tuck post-op

You are likely very swollen.  I would give it 4-6 months to settle down. You might need some liposuction after you heal to sculpt you a bit more. Good luck.

Tummy tuck shape

I agree that this is a gross overgemeralization.  Of even more significance is that you just had surgery; you cannot judge the outcome during the preliminary healing!  US surgeons may be more cautious about liposuction, which can compromise blood supply to the flaps, but that should not be categorized as a bad thing.

Gross generalizations have no place or validity

It is an unfair generalization to say that all plastic surgeons in the DR do a great job and all plastic surgeons in the USA do a poor job.  You should have looked at the pictures of the surgeon that you were planning to use.  If you didn't like their outcomes, then you should not have chosen them.