Does every doctor use the same faja after a Tummy tuck?

and what's the best way to get a smaller waist if your not as "snatched" as you would like to be after you receive a TT

Post op binders

Every plastic surgeon has a different regimen for post operative compression. One binder or the other is not going to be the determinant of the outcome.  If you have liposuction in the flank area, this may produce a more hour glass appearance. That said, your body structure is what it is and there are limitations as to what can be achieved in that regard.

Tummy tuck

Every doctor has a slightly different aftercare protocol. If you are unhappy with your tummy tuck results, I would discuss this with your plastic surgeon as a revision or additional surgery may be needed to reach your cosmetic goals because a faja isn’t going to make a significant difference. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. Every surgeon has their post-operative protocol for abdominal binders and garments.  I would recommend following your surgeons advice.  It is important to remember that the surgery determines the results and not the faja.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummytuck Advice

Lashauna.    Plastic surgeons have different preferences regarding postop garments after Tummytuck and their main purpose is to quicken swelling reduction. The important issue is to wear it as directed. In order to maximize your Tummytuck result, adopt a solid diet and exercise routine. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Tummy tuck and garments

Not all surgeons use a garment. For my tummy tuck patients I have them wear an abdominal binder for about 3-6 weeks.  Best to review with your surgeon.

Tummy tuck - best faja for a smaller waist

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck.

• The surgery, not the faja, will determine your final result.
  • The faja or garment will only support you while you heal and reduce your swelling.
  • Every surgeon does things a little differently but I use a jumpsuit and a binder after a tummy tuck.
  • The girdle garments rarely fit well and are uncomfortable.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Tummy Tuck - Post Op Compression Binder

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your upcoming procedure. I recommend wearing a compression garment for 4 - 6 weeks following tummy tuck surgery. Marena makes quality post operative support garments. You should also follow your plastic surgeon's advice regarding level of physical activity and use of a compression garment. Hope this helps!