Tummy Tuck without Muscle Repair - Posture Question; How long does it take before I'll be able to stand up straight?

I'm 5 days post tummy tuck without muscle plication (repair). I'm a 31 y/o male at around 6'1 and 160lbs. After the surgery I'm having quite a bit of difficulty standing up straight. I'm wondering: How long does it take before I'll be able to stand up straight? In other words, should I be pushing myself at this point to stand up straight? I don't want to worsen the incision/scaring but don't want to baby it either. I appreciate your expert advice, and thanks in advance for your time!

How long until stand straight following TT?

Most patients are able to stand straight at 3-5 days post op, but then again, every individual heals at his or her own rate. Don't force things, but you should also check in with your surgeon just to err on the side of caution.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Even after a TT with muscle repair most patients can usually straighten after about 3-5 days. But I would not force it. Chec with your plastic surgeon!

George Lefkovits, MD

Tummy tuck and standing straight

For most of my patients it can take 3-5 days. Some may take longer. You should check with your surgeon.  Best of luck.

How long does it take before I'll be able to stand up straight after tummy tuck?

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure. You will find that postoperative instructions will vary; best to run this question by your plastic surgeon. In the meantime, I would suggest that you do not "push yourself" to stand up straight. 

In my practice, I encourage patients to stay flexed at the waist for the first month post;  I feel that this position helps prevent excessive tension along the healing incision line. Again, your plastic surgeon will be your  best resource when it comes to your specific situation. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.