Tummy tuck/lipo - YAY or NAY? (Photo)

36 yrs old, 199lbs, 5'3", mother of 2 (via c-section) 10 & 13 yrs old. I am ok with my size, and while I do not expect a miracle, I feel a full TT with lipo would provide a dramatic change. I am a happy full figured gal with no desire to be thin (my hubby loves me as I am) I just can not "stomach" the belly apron any longer lol, pun intended. FYI I am a cancer survivor with favorable blood levels for a procedure. I live in NYC and I'm searching for a Surgeon that can work with all this...

Tummy tuck. Yay or nay?

Hello and thank you for your question. You have a very nice figure. However before doing any surgery on you I would suggest losing some weight. I know you said that you were comfortable with your size, but your risks at your size now are too high. If able to lose 20 or so pounds you will cut your risks of complications way down. At that point I believe that you would most likely benefit from a circumferential tummy tuck with lots of liposuction as well. Good luck.
Peter Fisher M.D.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck/lipo - YAY or NAY? (Photo)

From your description and photos you seem to be a very good candidate for a TT and liposuction. You need to consult with a Board Certified PS who can examine you, review the procedure with you and talk about risks.

George Lefkovits, MD

Yes, tummy tuck and lipo is likely the correct combination.

I'd recommend liposuction of the waist/lower back/flanks, and a full abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) with muscle tightening.  Consult with board certified plastic surgeons who perform these combined procedures several times each week and review before and after photos to determine if your expectations are in line with the type of results typically achieved.  good luck!

Tummy Tuck

From what you wrote and the pictures you posted it looks like you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon to help you with this.

Yes to a Tummy Tuck

Yes, you look to be a good candidate for tummy tuck and have reasonalble expectations. I would suggest scheduleing a consutlation for an examination and to go over the risks and benefits of surgery as well as discuss your expecations from surgery.  

Good Luck

David Shafer, MD

Tummy tuck/lipo - YAY or NAY?

Tummy tuck with liposuction of the sides and back will produce a very nice improvement for you.  I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.

Tummy tuck, yes.

Hello thanks for your question, I recommend you a tummy tuck to remove excess skin and fat, as well to rebuild the muscles of your abdomen, liposuction accompanying this whole back, axillary areas and side waist and abdomen. These procedures would achieve shape of you figure and define your body providing excellent results.

Sincerely yours:

Dr. Eugenio Lapaix 

Eugenio Lapaix Vargas, MD

Tummy tuck

Based on these photographs you could have an excellent outcome form a tummy tuck if performed using the right techniques by the right doctor.

Yea-tummy tuck

Based on the photos, you are a good candidate for this procedure. I think you would achieve a nice result.  You will need medical clearance which is required for all patients so you may want to confirm with your treating physician that he or she will clear you.  He may raise the issue of your weight and if you gave any thought of trying to diet, I would encourage you to do this prior to surgery. Best wishes. Dr Kraft

Abdominoplasty with Lipo

Yes you are a candidate for an extended abdominoplasty and liposuction. I performed one this morning on a woman with similar body characteristics to your self. She was in no pain immediately after surgery and went home to her attentive partner. 

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon