Do I need a tummy tuck or will Lipo make my stomach flat? (photos)

I have saggy skin and fat on my mode section I want to know if I really do need a tummy tuck?

Liposuction or abdominoplasty

Dear "Beautifu Doll"

You need liposuction of your sides and lower back and an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) for the best results.  Liposuction of your belly will leave you with loose skin and then you'll have to get the tummy tuck anyway!  Beware of false promises.  Seek out several board certified Plastic Surgeons and get a few opinions, then decide which way to go.

Good luck with your 'new body'.

Dr. T

Lipo or TT

Based on the laxity of the abdominal skin, you will need a tummy tuck with liposuction.  Lipo alone will not flatten your abdomen and would leave even more sagging skin. It would be beneficial in the flanks and to create a more pleasing contour.

Tummy tuck + Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy Tuck with Lipo

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck procedure with liposuction. This combination of procedures will tighten your abdomen, remove loose skin and contour your stomach giving you the aesthetic you desire. A special kind of tummy tuck that I perform is called a lateral tension abdominoplasty. Make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck or Lipo?

Dear Makemeanew1, the answer is both!  The laxity of your skin particularly in the lower part of your tummy makes you an excellent candidate for a Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty. That same laxity will not go away if liposuction is only done, instead it will create a significant deformity and a poor aesthetic outcome.  I know that because I've corrected many before.  On the other hand a tummy tuck done without liposuction will only give you a modest improvement.  Nowadays we know that liposuction is essential to produce the best aesthetic outcomes when performing a tummy tuck.  Often times I perform liposuction not only of the tummy but also of the love handles and muffing tops to compliment a tummy tuck and contour the body better.  Similarly using the fat to augment or enhance the buttocks via fat grafting is very commonly done by me and others to improve the patient's figure with wonderful results.  I hope you find a good Plastic Surgeon that will help you choose your best option.  

Juan A. Brou, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck for loose skin

Liposuction won’t tighten up the saggy skin, therefore a tummy tuck would be more suitable for you. Liposuction only removes unwanted fat.

Do I need a tummy tuck or will Lipo make my stomach flat?

Thank you for your question. you will need fully tummy tuck procedure, During the procedure the incision will be made low at about the same level as your pubic hair for the scar to be hidden under bikini level. For improved tightening of the upper abdomen a small incision around belly button might be necessary. Placement of the belly button is very important for a beautiful belly. Tummy tuck operation is also a surgical choice for patients whom want to get rid of love handles. Our experienced plastic surgeons will explain these options and help you find out best treatment plan to reach satisfactory results.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and picture. You will likely be a good candidate for tummy tuck (standard or extended) surgery; definitive advice however would necessitate much more information. Liposuction surgery alone will not suffice when it comes to achieving your stated goals. 

Best to do any body contouring operation when you are at your long-term stable weight, if you are not there already. Doing so will help improve the outcome of the procedure and minimize chances that additional surgery will be necessary subsequently.

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

When the time is right, seek consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. It will be important to educate yourself about the potential risks/complications associated with surgery and have a good idea of realistic expectations. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Liposuction and Tummy Tuck...

Based on the photos, a tummy tuck will need to be done because liposuction alone will not give you the flat abdomen you are looking for. Liposuction will help contour your body so I would suggest getting the procedures together for the best result. Make sure to make an in office consultation with an experienced Plastic Surgeon to get all the answers you may have answered correctly.

Do I need a tummy tuck or will liposuction make my stomach flat?

Thank you for your question and for including some photographs.  While a physical exam is always the best way to determine your candidacy for any surgical procedure, I do believe that you would benefit from an abdominoplasty and some liposuction of your flanks.  

From the photos that you included with your post, it appears as though you have some laxity of the abdominal wall and some excess skin.  You also appear to have some stretch marks both above and below the umbilicus, which in the absence of a physical exam would lead me to suspect that the retractile quality of the skin of the front of your abdomen would not shrink or contract as much as we would like following only a liposuction procedure.  I always discuss the pros and cons of any procedure with my patients at the time of their consultation and while it appears (from photos alone) that you would be better suited for an abdominoplasty, I do recognize that some patients are just unwilling to undergo an abdominoplasty and would be just as happy with a reduction in inches even if left with lax or excess skin.  

I would recommend scheduling an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is well-experienced in abdominoplasty, liposuction and body contouring procedures.  I believe that a physical exam would be invaluable to the conversation as to what your expectations and cosmetic goals are and how we can best get you to that point.  I hope you find this helpful and I wish you the best.