Tummy tuck bulge lower abdomen.

After loosing over 80 pounds i decided to do a tummy tuck. almost 2 years ago I did a tummy tuck no lipo ... then 8 months ago I had liposuction on my lower abdomen because the doctor said it was fat. But still I have a bulge. Before the lipo it was hard now is soft. I think a need a reversion for my tummy tuck. I'm not happy I can't wear a dress without that bulge coming out.(by the way I haven't gain weight at all) Do you guys have any suggestions? What you guys think?please help and thank you

Tummy Tuck Bulge After Tummy Tuck

Thank you for posting your interesting question. The lower abdominal "bulge"  after tummy tuck and liposuction may be due to persistent laxity of your abdominal muscles or a hernia. I recommend that you return to your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine your abdomen and determine the cause of the bulge and your best surgical option. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift 

Bulge

I think that you need to be seen in person to determine what the bulge is. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Tummy tuck bulge post op

Hi - without at least photos it is difficult to give you an answer to what is causing the bulge.  From your history and the fact that you have had liposuction and are still unhappy it may be that the bulge is caused by the abdominal contents and due to a weakness of the anterior abdominal wall.  If this is the case then it could be corrected by plication of the rectus muscles.  Good luck

Tummytuck Revision?

Ary.   Physical exam and/or photos would be needed for a definitive answer. Also info about Tummytuck surgery,like was abdominal wall plication done? Sounds like you may need some sort of revision. Ask your surgeon or get a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Tummy tuck bulge lower abdomen.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well. Im so sorry about your concern, is really hard to give you an opinion without pictures. I really recommend you to talk with some doctors and see what their opinion is, make sure that you are talking with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Tummy tuck bulge lower abdomen.

Despite good intentions, online consultants cannot give you good advice; this will require in person evaluation or, at least, viewing photographs.  Having said that, one of the things I would be concerned about is the possibility of  abdominal wall laxity causing the "bulge";  again, definitive diagnosis and advice will depend on careful physical examination. I would suggest that you follow up with your plastic surgeon and/or seek second opinion consultations for better information. Best wishes