Tummy tuck lower abdomen bump/bulge? It was like that (Photos)

After I lost over 80 pounds i decided to do a tummy tuck(not kids). Almost 2 years ago I did a tummy tuck no lipo on the tummy. Then 8 months ago I had liposuction on my lower abdomen because of the bumb of the bottom of my adomen and the doctor said it was fat. But still I have a bulge and didn't improved at all. Before the lipo it was hard now is soft. I think a need a reversion for my tummy tuck. I'm not happy I can't wear a dress without that bulge coming out.(by the way I haven't gain weight at all)

Revision TT

It seems that you have skin laxity in lower abdomen that can be treated only with skin excision. That may also require transposition of  umbilicus in order to keep it in normal position. Additional liposuction of flanks and lower abdomen is optional and will depend on clinical evaluation and your goals. You should consult another plastic surgeon with good reputation in body sculpting-tummy tuck for second opinion and discuss your options. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Basic Details of Tummy Tuck Revision

Revision surgery is unusual but may be desired for several reasons. Most revisions should be done after 9-12 months.  One cause for revision surgery are “dog ears” at the ends of the incisions. These are small folds of excess skin that do not flatten over time.  They can be excised, suctioned or both.

Scars may widen or continue to be red and elevated.  These may require laser treatment or injection with kenalog and 5-FU.  Excision and reclosure may help some scars. Other treatments are available as well.

Excess fat or loose skin may require liposuction and skin excision to obtain the best result.

If you find you are still unhappy with your final results it would be good to visit with your surgeon to see if there is swelling still in the healing process after your procedure and possibly allow a little more time before you worry too much about another revision. Good luck1

Revision abdominoplasty

Plastic surgeons (and our patients) certainly hope for aesthetic procedures to be 'one-off's.' With proper patient selection, meticulous surgery and attentive aftercare our 'holy grail' is a smooth operation, a quick/uneventful recovery and great/long-lasting results. That said, revisions and redo's will sometimes be necessary. Even when initial results are good, patients and their bodies can change over time. Weight gain/loss, hormonal fluctuations, pregnancies, medical conditions/surgeries, skin issues, etc. can play a role in the recurrence of body contouring issues and the development of new ones.  Many patients can be considered good candidates for additional surgery based on a variety of factors. Often, there are technical considerations for patients to weigh. The most notable of these is incision placement, orientation and length. This will depend upon the previous incision, skin excess/laxity, patients height/torso length, etc. You may get away with merely lowering your incision or possibly accepting a vertical component to your scar to remove the maximum amount of skin.

Interestingly, my revision/redo tummy tuck patients seem to have an easier time of their surgery than my primary patients. As with ALL plastic surgery procedures, you will need a thorough evaluation and a well thought out plan.
good luck

•  Tweet