Tretinoin/Retin-A and Pregnancy?

I have used Tretinoin cream 0.025% topically on my face since March-April 2016 (couple weeks off of it here and there during spring). I stopped using it on September 6, but it was my 4 week 2 days since first day of the last period. Doctors said it's not good at all (because retin A may cause birth defects)... I am really scared now. I learned I have subchorionic hematoma, I don't know if that has any connection. How much of an effect retin A/ Tretinoin can have during first trimester?

#RetinA/tretinoin and pregnancy

Many studies show that Retin A (i.e. Tretinoin or all-trans retinoid acid) is perfectly safe to use in pregnancy. I cannot see a connection, so please do not be hard on yourself.

By the way, for many the favorite topical retinoid to use during pregnancy is #Retinol (#VitaminA).  I definitely would avoid Tazarac, Accutane, and acitretin (Soriatane).

Congratulations! I do hope the hematoma is small and will not cause problems for you.

All the best,   Dr Clark