What is the best treatment for my under eye bags/circle? (Photos)

I'm a 26 year old female and hoping to treat my under eye bags without going under the knife. Is there a filler of some sort that would help the appearance?

Deep Tear Trough Treatments

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. You appear to be an excellent candidate for tear trough fillers to restore lost volume under the eyes and camouflage the bags you are noticing. In my practice, I like to use Restylane in this area because it minimizes swelling and offers a very natural looking result. I also prefer to inject fillers using the microcannula technique, which is an alternative to the traditional needle technique, and is essentially bruise-less with minimal swelling. Filler in this location can last up to one year, at which time the procedure can be repeated. In the coming years, you may want to consider a lower blepharoplasty with fat transposition as a long term treatment option. While this option is a true surgery with downtime, the result will last much longer than fillers. For more information, I recommend consulting with a board-certified specialist who performs both of these procedures. Best of luck. 

Treatment of Under Eye Depressions

You are a perfect candidate for a filler. However, Restylane, Belotero, Juvederm Ultra and similar fillers are not appropriate. Juvederm Voluma or Radiesse as fillers or fat, though, are excellent for this area. They need to be placed deep by a very experienced injector. (See ExpertInjector.org and plasticsurgerytoday.com/non-surgical/todays-liquid-lift-wrinkle-and-contour-correction/)

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Options for under eye area

You may find that a combination of treatments will yield the best result.  Fillers will help to contour the area, leaving a smoother look.  You may also see some improvement with lasers and microneedling (Skin Pen).  Visit with an experienced injector in your area to learn more.

Camille Cash, MD

Under Eye Rejuvenation with fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp

Fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP can improve under eye bags and circles. My patients try to get non surgical treatments to avoid surgery. We use PRP and stem cells there often. I suggest consulting with an expert to develop a treatment plan best suited for your short and long term goals. Best, Dr. Emer.

What is the best treatment for my under eye bags/circle?

The best non surgical treatment would be fillers such as restylane in the tear trough.  Not every practitioner performing fillers is expert in this area, so it's best to check to see if this is something they perform frequently.  Best wishes.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

A range of treatments

So laser tightening might work for you in the first instance or if they are very fine, maybe chemical peeling. 

Fillers will work but they have two potential downsides, one being in the first few days the swelling can make the bags look worse. Secondly, if poorly sited, they can make your lower lid cheek junction look lumpy or uneven. 

Bear this in mind before going ahead.

Hope that helps, .

Adam Goodwin

Bags under the eyes

Hi and thank you for sharing your question here! The area under your eyes can be easily treated with Restylane or Belotero or more recently, Volbella that has just become available and it works very well in under the eyes. When done skillfully, the results can be very natural-looking and long-lasting. I personally prefer cannula technique for filler injections under the eyes, since it is very comfortable for the patients and minimizes bruising (if any) as well as risk of complications. The areas around and under the eyes are quite sensitive and making injections there require great skill and high level of experience, so please make sure to work with a highly experienced physician for this procedure. I hope it helps and good luck!

Elham Jafari, MD
Irvine Physician

How to treat under eye bags in a 26-year-old female

Thank you for sharing a question. It appears that you could have excellent results with the injection of Restylane into your tear troughs. See a specialist who deals with this particular area of the face. Good luck.