Why is tooth freezing after 25 years of having root canal, post and crown?

I had Root canal, post and crown done on my two front tooth 25 years ago. now after all these years when I drink anything cold my front tooth will freeze, I have to quickly put warm to hat water in my mouth to stop the freezing pain. why is that happening, my dentist cant't find the problem.

Cold Pain

Obviously that should not happen. I would suggest going to an Endodontist ( root canal specialist) who uses a special 3D x-ray machine who can identify your issue. They are typically good diagnosticians when it comes to these kinds of problems. I hope this helps!

Pain years after root canal therapy #DrSoftTouch

Pain from a tooth years after root canal therapy, may be caused by several factors including:

1. The tooth has an accessory nerve that was left untreated requiring retreatment

2. The tooth has a root fracture

I would recommend seeing your dentist sooner rather than later to have the tooth evaluated and treated. Good luck and I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.