Toning up before procedure

My procedure is in April and I was told I need to lose weight before surgery. I'm ok with that so I went and got a personal trainer. My question is what if when I get down to my goal weight after hitting the gym and gaining muscle would there be enough fat for me to still go on with my procedure? My goal is to loose 50 pound I so far lost 10 but decided I need more help.

This is a tough question to answer without an exam in person, photos, medical history, etc..  Best of luck.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Your doctor probably recommended that you lose weight to get you in a healthy BMI range. If your BMI is higher than 30 you are at an increased risk of complications occurring. I would recommend getting your BMI down to at least 30 or below. I also recommend that my patients remain at their goal weight for at least 6 months before having surgery done for optimal results.  It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. If you are unclear about your doctors instructions, I would schedule another consulation and ask him/her what your goal weight & BMI should be and how long you should maintain it prior to undergoing your procedure. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon