Tip-plasty or revision rhinoplasty?

Hi Doctors, I had a rhinoplasty/septoplasty 2 years ago I wanted a bump removed from my bridge and my nose made smaller, my bump was removed and I thought my tip was still swollen but my nose seems to be the same size as before minus the bump so my question is will a tip-plasty make my nose smaller (i want a nicer profile) also how long will the procedure take? will my nose have to be broken again? & is recovery basically the same? thank you

Tip-Plasty

A revision rhinoplasty only involving your tip may take of your problem.  It usually takes 1-1.5 hours.  Your nose will not require fracturing again, assuming the rest of the nose is OK. Recovery should be easier than your first rhinoplasty. 

Hope this helps!

Tip-Plasty or Revision Rhinoplasty

Without pictures I cannot tell what procedures should be considered, how long that operation will take, if your nose will have to be broken, or to try to describe the recovery process.

Tip Plasty

Hi and thanks for your question.  I would need to see you or at least photos of you to give you a good answer, but if you are happy with your bridge and the tip is the only issue, then a tip plasty makes sense.  A tip plasty would take me about 45 minutes to 1 hour.  The bones are not broken in a tip plasty and the recovery is easier then a complete rhinoplasty.  Good luck.

Jonathan Pontell, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty revision

I think that you need to be seen in person to determine what you might need. Best of luck with your decision to move forward.

Tip-plasty or Revision rhinoplasty

Revision rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor, and one of the most difficult procedures to perform in the entire field of cosmetic surgery.  A full set of facial photographs are required to make any determination.  Most patients must undergo a full rhinoplasty in order to get the changes required.  A revision rhinoplasty can take between 1-3 hours depending upon what needs to be accomplished.  The recovery will be directly proportional to  what maneuvers are performed during the rhinoplasty procedure.  For more information and many examples, please see the video and the links below