Is it better to get thigh lipo at the same time as TT if I'm planning to have thigh lift after the TT?

I'm scheduled for an Abdominoplasty with lipo of the flanks this September. And also planning on having a medial thigh lift + lipo on outer and lower thigh a few months after. Question is if it's more cost effective and/or otherwise more beneficial to have the thigh lipo at the same time as my TT this September? And is it more beneficial to do thigh lipo and an inner thigh lift as 2 separate procedures?

Liposuction at same time as TT

Thank you for your question.  That is an excellent question and yes it would be reasonable to have liposuction of your thighs at the same time as your tummy tuck.  It is always best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and determine the best treatment plan for you.  Best of luck to you!

Tummy tuck - thigh liposuction at the same time?

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck and thigh ilft.
  • Excellent question -
  • It may not save mney but it makes sense to do the liposuction all at the same time 
  • Ask your surgeon which in her/his opinion is the best approach.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Multiple procedures

It seems reasonable to do all the lipo at the same time, but it is up to you and your surgeon to figure out the best timing.

Thigh lift

Photos would be useful.  Personally, I would prefer to delay the thigh liposuction to the second procedure unless there is a question of whether your skin could potentially tighten enough with lipo to avoid the necessity for a thigh lift.  In terms of cost, since, in either case, it would be an add on procedure, there should be no cost difference. My feeling when performing abdominoplasties is that the more you are able to use your extremities for support in standing and sitting, the better to separate the procedures.  We should not be in a race to see how much we can accomplish in one sitting but should strive to achieve the best possible result.