What's the best advice to acheive natural looking breast augmentation results? (Photo)

I attached this picture because this is exactly what I would like. To me, these implants look great in the sense that they seem very natural. I'm 5'7 with a slender build so I want to know how to achieve similar results. Should I go with moderate, moderate plus or even high profile implants? Also are there any other recommendations to achieve a very similar outcome?

Natural breast augment

To achieve a natural augment, there are several considerations.  First, bigger is not always better.  Second, placement of the implant below the muscle is preferable.  Finally, many patients report that the silicone implants have the most natural feel.  High profile implants rarely produce a natural outcome. Implant selection is an interactive process between the patient and surgeon so my strongest recommendation is that you find a board certified plastic surgeon who is willing to engage in the exercise with you!

Natural breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and for providing a photo of your desired outcome. In order to consistently achieve a natural appearing breast after breast augmentation, a couple of factors need to be taken into account:
- Use a three dimensional approach to implant selection. Many people both online and in doctors offices talk primarily about implant volume when selecting an implant. However, using a more 3 dimensional approach will give better and more natural results. The width of the implant should be selected that matches the width of your chest and breast base. This will avoid a large space between the breasts or lateral overflow (side boob as I have seen it referred to online). Next the projection can be selected based on how full you wish to be. The volume is then backed into using these criteria, which will give a better shaped and more natural breast.
- A submuscular placement of the implant. Placing the implant behind you pectoralis muscle with give a more natural slope of your breast, and help minimize rippling both superiorly and medially.
- Use of a silicone implant. A silicone implant will give a more natural looking and feeling result than its saline counterpart.
- The profile of the implants. The high profile implants tend to give a less natural and more rounded and coned result. In order to look more natural, a moderate or moderate plus profile implant should be used.
Last but not least, you should consult with a plastic surgeon whose vision matches that of your own. Look at photos of their work and see if they are achieving natural results with their breast augmentations or merely larger breasts. Using this as a guide, you should be able to get the results you are looking for.
Best of luck with your breasts.
Jeff Rockmore

What's the best advice to acheive natural looking breast augmentation results?

The response is: Use silicone only, maybe coat with micro fat grafting, do not chose to large, allow enough recovery time..... 

Breast implants for natural looking breast

Thank you for your question.  I agree that it is most important that you have and in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in breast cosmetic surgery.

That said the breasts shown in the picture most likely have moderate plus profile implants with a wide base and are likely in the 400 cc range. Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon for a formal examination to make a decision what fits best for your body.

You need to be seen and examined!

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Advice for natural breast augmentation

Hi. It is important to realise that breast augmentation makes your own breasts larger - it can not give you someone elses. I would suggest shaped cohesive gel implants in a submuscular pocket for a natural result. As long as you have implants covered by (within the size of your breasts) you will have a natural result. If you have high profile implants, especially large ones, they will look like obvious implants. The best thing is to ask your plastic surgeon to show you photos of patients with similar body frame/breast size etc who have had different style implants.

Try to find someone with a Vectra 3D imaging machine in your area to simulate your breast augmenation result - in a recent article (Oct 2013) of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Journal (Plast. Reconstr. Surg.132: 810, 2013.), the main Plastic Surgery Journal worldwide, the 3D imaging VECTRA machine was found to be beneficial for patients considering breast augmentation surgery.

The article concluded that patients prefer a center that offers three-dimensional imaging technology; they feel that the simulation is very accurate and helps them greatly in choosing the implant; and that if they could go back in time, they would choose the same implant again.

All the best with your decision. Regards Dr Charles Cope

Charles Cope, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

I believe very strongly in creating natural results, especially when it comes to breast augmentation. In order to achieve this goal you have to take into consideration the patient's height and weight, chest width, starting breast size and shape and skin envelope. It is important not to go too big. It is preferable to place the implants under the muscle and to use silicone implants which leads to a more natural feel. The pocket into which the implants are placed should be larger than the width of the implant. While I generally use moderate profile implants there are times when I use high profile implants as in the patient who has a very narrow chest. Ultimately, the aesthetics and experience of the plastic surgeon will be a major determinant in being able to achieve a natural result. You should look at lots of before and after photos to get comfortable with your surgeon's work. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Breast Augmentation Candidate

My guess is you want to be in the D cup range and prefer a more anatomical shape implant, under the muscle. Without pictures or a physical exam, it is difficult to give you better advice. In general, I prefer the moderate plus silcone implants. The size of the implant would be determined after history and physical examination. It is important to know the measurement of your chest diameter.

In my northern NJ practice, I am a double boarded plastic surgeon and have performed over a thousand breast augmentations. The total fee for the procedure is $4100 which includes the professional fee, a board certified anesthesia fee, and a Medicare approved, AAAASF accredited surgicenter fee. The implants are extra. Saline implants are $1000/pair and silicone implants are $2000/pair.

Hope this helps.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Natural Looking Breast Augmentation

I feel that your best chance to achieve a natural looking result with augmentation involves 3 basics. Your implant should not be too large at the base for your breast and should be placed under the muscle. I also feel that silicone implants give a more natural appearance than saline implants.

John Whitt, MD (retired)

Visit a plastic surgeon for an assessment

visit a plastic surgeon for an assessment and to have the opportunity to look at sample implants, try them on and see what you like.  The surgeon will also give you his/her opinion on what needs to be done to give you the result you want as each woman has a very different body and no two women will get the exact same result when the exact same procedure is done.  this is where you want to find an experienced plastic surgeon who's judgement you will trust.

Martin Jugenburg, MD