Swollen breast 2 months after breast lift - torn muscle?

I had breast augmentation and lift on my left breast two months ago. 3 days ago. Few days ago I lifted my daughter and half an hour later the pain on my left breast gradually became very strong - the whole breast and the armpit . I became week and shivering to the point that I had to go to bed. I called my ps and he told me to take advil which helped greatly. I was sore but fine next day but the following day my breast burst swollen and it has been like that for three days now. What I'm I experiencing?

Swollen Breast

Thank you for the question. You are still in the post operation recovery stage. It is not uncommon to feel pain, itchiness, and slight abnormalities during this period. It usually takes about 8-12 weeks for the wounds to heal and around 4-6 months for the implants to fully settle but without an in-person exam, it is difficult to say for sure what happened. It would be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment if your situation does not get better. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Post op pain

Sadly, without an in person exam, it is impossible to say what's going on. You could have pulled a muscle. I would suggest that you make an appointment to see your surgeon if the pain doesn't improve. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast lift

Thank you for your question.  At two months post-op, pain and discomfort from a breast lift and/or implants is not uncommon.  Please continue to follow the instructions of your surgeon regarding post-op care to ensure optimum results, and be sure to listen to your body as to not do damage to the surgical site.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast lift

I appreciate your question.
Since youve had a change in your post op course, please be examined

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Swollen Breast

An overnight marked change in breast size is worrisome. With your description of acute trauma a new bleed inside this surgically operated breast is possible. I recommend seeing your plastic surgeon ASAP. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Swelling of breast

A rapid change in the appearance of the breast with increased swelling may signify a hematoma. Best o see your surgeon.

Breast swelling after surgery - 2 months ago

If you have a sudden onset of a breast getting larger then that is not normal.  It could be related to internal bleeding.  See your plastic surgeon as soon as possible for an evaluation.  

You need to see your surgeon ASAP

Many things can cause what you have described. You could have bled.  See your surgeon.  Treatment may be required. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Swollen breast

It would be important for you to see your surgeon. With your history the surgeon needs to examine you and make sure you did not developed a hematoma.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

It is best to follow up in person with your PS because of the increase in swelling. It is hard to accurately say what it could be without seeing photos.

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD