Is this swelling or a botched nose job? (Photos)

I just got my cast taken off and my nose looks very crooked and I'm panicked. Is it too soon to assume it's crooked? Could it just be swelling? The left tip looks very strange. I'm so scared.

Early post-op

You are very early post-op, and you have to give it time to settle. Best of luck with your results...

Early results

At this point it looks very normal post op result. Swelling will subside and it will get better. RegardsDr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is this swelling?

Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon in the early stages of rhinoplasty recovery to see some asymmetries. Often these asymmetries resolve themselves during the healing period.  It is usually 6 months before the nose is completely healed. Even though it is difficult, it is important to be patient during the early healing phase. Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Rhinoplasty

It is much to early to assume anything; it's also too early to be scared. Assuming that your splint was removed after 1 week, your nose will change daily; nothing will stay the same. The only one who really knows the direction your nose will taking during the healing process is your rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose

Dear mm98,Please relax.  I know it is scary.  Your nose will drastically modify over the next few weeks.  I know it is hard to accept that.  But it is too early to tell.  Please contact your PS and discuss your concerns as well.  Im sure he/she will tell you exactly the same thing.

Raghu Athre, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon