Which non-surgical treatment for male belly fat is the best option for fat reduction. There are so many options. Advice? (photo)

For instance is sculpsure better than coolscupting? Out of all the procedures what are my best options?

Sculpsure and Smartlipo are both good choices

Sculpsure, i believe is better than Coolsculpt since it is much faster and also the heat, spreads beyond the applicator, making it less likely that there will be unevenness.

Smartlipo only requires 2-3 mm incisions and is more aggressive than either of the above two procedures. your fat seems quite small so i think you will probably  be pleased with 2 sessions of Sculpsure. If not, you could also follow up with Smartlipo.

david berman md

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. SculpSure has been proven to be more effective than SculpSure in many clinical studies. It involves a much shorter treatment, destroys fat while CoolSculpting freezes fat, and, provides the added benefit of skin tightening. 

You are an ideal candidate for SculpSure because of your limited amount of fat based on the attached picture. SculpSure targets the unwanted and stubborn subcutaneous fat that is difficult to lose even with diet and exercise.

I suggest that you next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Reduction

I can't say Cool Sculpting is better than SculpSure etc... because they will both give you a similar result. However, I like the fact that Sculpture does not take as long to complete and you do not have the pulling sensation as you do with Cool Sculpting.

Jon E. Mendelsohn, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Combination Approach to Fat and Skin

There are certainly a variety of approaches to the treatment of spot fat. Looking at your photo, I would treat your lower belly and flanks with SculpSure at one sitting. This typically takes less than an hour for everything and you are back to activities right away. I would then wait 8-12 weeks and re-assess. My feeling is that you may need some PelleFirm (radio-frequency) skin tightening for any mild residual loose skin. We often do this at no cost for our clients as part of the total package. I believe this is still a better option than liposuction, etc which has substantially more cost and recovery involved.

Non-Surgical treatment options for fat reduction in belly

In my opinion, CoolSculpting and SculpSure are both good options for non-surgical treatment of fat on the abdomen (belly).  One method is not necessarily more effective than the other, as both demonstrate approximately the same amount of fat cell destruction with a treatment (20-25% destruction in the number of fat cells).  SculpSure treatment time is shorter and there generally is no numbness or discoloration after the procedure.  With CoolSculpting, there normally is some temporary numbness and there can be redness or bruising.  I think you could get improvement with either procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure does work!!!

Hello. We got our SculpSure machine finally serving the Chicagoland area. The results are pretty amazing and we are very exited with this treatment that is revolutionizing the cosmetic industry. It is a "must do" to get rid of all that body fat that just refuses to leave us alone. Treatments are 25 minutes long and results start showing within 6 weeks in most cases. It is worth every penny.SculpSure is a light based body contouring technology that targets and destroys the fat cells. It has a 90% patient satisfaction rate and reduced your fat 24% in the desire area in just 25 minutes.

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

Best option for belly fat

With so little obvious extra fat in picture, I would not recommend "overdoing -it." The non-invasive methods would be excellent choices and people have been happy with all of these. However, the smallness of the areas involved would make SculpSure a logical choice since 4 areas can be treated at once, painlessly, and no recovery to speak of. The slight discomfort over 20-25 minutes has been very acceptable to my patients. It is "body-contouring" which appears to be what you need.

What are the options for abdominal contouring?

We are lucky to be at a time when we have so many options available to choose from when talking about contouring the abdomen.  There are many surgical options: liposuction, tummy tucks, body lifts, etc.  And non-surgical options: SculpSure, CoolSculpting, Endermologie, Ultrasonic therapy, Radio-frequency therapy, etc.  What to choose?Of course, the decision depends on the expectations of the patient, what you are willing to sacrifice in time off of work, expense, scars, down time, etc.  If non surgical is the path taken, then the newest technology is SculpSure.SculpSure is the world's first FDA indicated laser for non surgical reduction of abdomen and flank fat.  It is quick (25 minutes) and non painful, with no down time.  No anesthesia is necessary, therefore no needle pokes or IV's are needed.  On average, there is a 24% reduction in subcutaneous fat per session. Based on the photos presented, you would be an excellent candidate for SculpSure.  Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpt vs. SculpSure

There are a few significant differences between CoolSculp and SculpSure that lead me to choose SculpSure for my patients.  It takes 60 minutes for 1 CoolSculp treatment vs. 25 minutes for SculpSure.  When you have patients treating 3 or 4 areas in one day--the time difference for the patient is huge! As for adverse effects, none were reported with SculpSure while with CoolSculp patients have reported numbness and bruising up to a few weeks.  It has also been noted that CoolSculp can cause nerve damage. SculpSure is also less expensive than CoolSculp.  We have many happy patients!! I hope you find what you are looking for.

SculpSure vs. CoolSculpting

Both machines permanently destroy fat cells. CoolSculpting does this through the process of cryolipolysis, and SculpSure does this through thermolipolysis. Essentially, the treatments use opposite technologies to achieve the same result: death of fat cells.

SculpSure has obvious benefits such a reduced treatment session of only 25 minutes vs 1 hour CoolSculpting sessions, treating up to 4 areas vs 1, no associated post procedural pain often seen with CoolSculpting, and smoother even results in the areas of the treated sites.

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience in body contouring in order to achieve the best results and care for your fat loss goals. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon