What non-surgical options do I have to get rid of "sleepy looking eyes" permanently?

I tend to have sleepy looking eyes when I have slept for long hours. This doesn't tend to be the case when I do not sleep too much. My eyes for the most part are "big" as I have been told, but there are many days I wake up feeling and looking sleepy; I don't like the look or feel of it. It would be nice if I could permanently get rid of it. Currently I am looking into de-puffing eye products, not sure if they will do the trick. Suggestions and recommendations appreciated!

Puffy eyelids

No "products" work on your situation. You appear to have perfectly normal eyelids. Only Surgery will decrease some of the fullness. 

Recommend you personally seek advice from a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Madison Plastic Surgeon

Fixing eyelid puffiness

In general, puffiness around the eyes can be due to extra fat, allergic swelling, enlargement of the surrounding eyelid muscle, or loose skin.  Once the cause of the puffiness is determined, then a targeted and individualized treatment can be completed to fix the issue. In your case, an in-person consultation would be required to figure out the cause of your concern because the pictures are not enough. Best of luck. Dr. P.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Eye issue

I do not see anything specifically in the photos. Your eyes look nice and I would not do anything for them at this point.

Your eyes

Your eyes look great -- there is nothing to do. Make up can camoflouge all sorts of problems and you do n ot need surgery. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Sleepy eyes

When we lie down fluid can accumulate in the eyelids so they may appear a bit puffy when you get up.  However your lids look normal and very attractive, so I would do nothing. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

"Sleepy" looking eyes

Thank you for sharing your question and photos. It appears that you have extra skin on your upper eyelids when you are tired. If the extra skin were present all the time, surgery would be the only treatment. In your case, sleep with your head elevated and use cold compresses. I hope this helps.  Good luck,

Puffy eyes

There is nothing whatsoever wrong with you except for lack of sleep.  All of us, who have been through arduous residency training, know that feeling. Try cucumbers! They're free and effective!

Nothing wrong with your eyes

Based on the pictures you've posted, there is no ptosis or "sleepy eyes". If you continue to be concerned about your appearance, I would suggest consulting a mental health professional before deciding to have anything done. There is nothing wrong with your eyes.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

I am not seeing a sleepy looking eyelid in your photo.

That suggests that you need a personal consultation to get to the bottom of your concerns.  You are young so be very careful what you look for.  It is possible to be harmed by cosmetic surgery.