Non surgical fat reduction back of arms? (Photo)

I am 5'4", 113 lbs, I workout and eat healthy. My arms have always been bigger than the rest of my body. I recently had a consultation for coolsculpting for the backs of my arms. The technician said I don't have enough fat for the applicator to grab. I was very disappointed. What other nonsurgical options are there for people that might not have enough fat to grab for coolscultping? Sculptsure? Kybella, off label? I included a picture that IS NOT me but the first picture looks like my arms.

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is primarily used for flanks and tummy, but it can be used for the fat along your arm. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon and a board certified body plastic surgeon. These consultation will "arm" you with the information you need to improve the appearance of your arms. 

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure Treatments

In Canada, SculpSure is presently indicated only for flanks and abdomen, but full body approval (i.e. hips, inner thighs, outer thighs, or even the arms) is pending and expected very soon.

SculpSure treatments can be performed on the arms, however these are referred to as 'off-site' treatments so it would really be up to the discretion of your performing physician/technician. SculpSure is safe and effective removing up to 24% of unwanted pockets of the fat on the body. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure Use on Arms

SculpSure is currently FDA approved for use on the abdomen and flanks, but is commonly used off label on arms, thighs and backs.

Patricia DePoli, MD, FACS
Skokie Plastic Surgeon

Treating Arms with SculpSure

SculpSure is incredibly effective in treating stubborn arm fat and unlike CoolSculpting, does not require a large amount of fat to be "grabbed" based on the different type of applicator being used. The less fat you have the fewer treatments needed meaning you would likely reach your goal in as little as one but possibly two treatments. SculpSure is also great due to the quick and easy treatments - only 25 minutes with minimal discomfort and zero downtime. I would advise a consultation for SculpSure to see if it's right for you.

Dennis Gross, MD

SculpSure "Off Label"

Hello and thank you for your question. SculpSure works great on arms. The applicators are much smaller on SculpSure then they are on CoolSculpt which really benefits the overall body contouring allowing the provider to treat and sculpt to each unique body area. SculpSure also feathers off 35% outside of the applicator area unlike CoolSculpt that only treats the area in that the applicator is applied. Best to you, Dr Faraz

SculpSure for Arms

Thanks for your question! SculpSure is a great option for arms tightening. Depending on skin laxity, we may also combine it with Ultherapy to tighten the skin after fat cells are destroyed with a SculpSure treatment

Jennifer Levine, MD

SculpSure can be used on the arms

This is a great question!  One of the biggest advantages that SculpSure offers over CoolSculpting is the applicator head.  CoolSculpting requires loose skin to be "sucked" into the applicator, SculpSure does not.  The SculpSure uses a laser that is applied flat on the skin, so it can be used on the arms, thighs, knees and other areas where CoolSculpting cannot be utilized.

SculpSure has only been approved for treatment of the abdomen and flanks, but can be used "off label" in other areas, such as the arms.  Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to review your options.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.

The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.

The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.

The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.

It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.

If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.  No compression garment required.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.

I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz

VASER HI DEFINITION ARM CONTOURING

If you want a result like this photo I suggest VASER HI DEF with thermiRF shaping. We do this with great outcomes.  Non invasive like coolsculpting plus vanquish or even sculpsure will do minimal and require numerous treatments to get "improvement."  Best, Dr. Emer.

Arms are a Combination Problem

In looking at the photos, it is difficult to tell how much is actual fat vs loose skin. The great innovation about Sculpsure (vs Coolsculpting) is that you can use the brackets flat against the skin without the whole clamping issue. This way you can treat any area that the bracket is applied. I would seek out a Sculpsure expert and get their opinion. It may be that you need that as well as some radio-frequency ( such as Pellefirm) to tighten up the loose skin afterwards.