Stiches undone 21 days post breast augmentation (photo)

I had breast augmentation july 29th and yesterday one of my boobs had blood on it. Sent a picture to my doctor and he didnt pay much attention and told me to clean it and keep it dry. Today I was just using soap snd tiny amount of water not touching my stiches and bleeding again. I have reabsorbable stiches Thanks

Wound Dehiscence

Thank you for the question and photos. A small incision opening is not uncommon and will usually heal well kept clean and covered, however the continual bleeding is unusual and warrants and in-person exam.
All the best

Close followup after breast augmentation necessary if questions arise

you certainly should request and expect a prompt inperson evaluation for a situation such as this. most likely a "spitting" suture which is no big deal, but certainly warrants a look and close followup to be sure it's not a more significant comp[lication.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Suture separation

It looks like you have some wound separation but the drainage is concerning.  You should definitely touch base with your surgeon.

Stitches undone 21 days post breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. You have done the right thing by contacting your surgeon. Follow your surgeon's orders and keep them posted if anything changes. If you are concerned, schedule an in person visit with your surgeon. Best, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Stitches are undone

From the look of your photos it appears that you have a small area of separation along the suture line.  Most of the times this is due to a stitch irritation.  But you should check with your PS.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon