I've just started laser removal with cutera enlighten. Is it common to do one session with nanosecond before picosecond?

Recently got a new tatoo that didn't come out the way I planned. Luckily my Dr./family friend has a laser practice and has the new cutera enlighten. My tattoo is mostly black with a few red spot so i really lucked out that those are the 2 best colors treated by enlighten. We began with the nanosecond before the picosecond and I am just wondering why wouldn't we jump straight into the more effective picosecond right off the bat. I appreciate any answers to this question! Thank you!

Laser tattoo removal

There are a number of factors that go into a clinical decision on how I approach treating a tattoo. This is why seeing the right physician and someone who understands the science of lasers is equally as important as making sure they had the right device. Your treating doctor most likely felt that based on your tattoo that starting with a nanosecond pulse duration was more appropriate based on the clinical appearance. It is a reasonable decision. The beauty of the enlighten device is that is allows the doctor to pick either pulse duration which no other device on the market can do!!!

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon